IIS7 and .NET 3.5

Dylan Parry

      20th Nov 2007
Hi,

I installed Visual Studio 2008 Express earlier today, but I am not sure
that IIS7 has been correctly configured to be able to use the 3.5 Framework.

When I look at the AppPools listed in IIS7, I see two AppPools that are
both set to use v2.0, and when attempting to create a new one, v3.5
simply isn't shown as an available Framework.

Am I missing something (ie. the plot!), or is this just how it is?

Cheers,

--
Dylan Parry

The opinions stated above are not necessarily representative of
those of my cats. All opinions expressed are entirely your own.

Rory Becker

      20th Nov 2007
> When I look at the AppPools listed in IIS7, I see two AppPools that
> are both set to use v2.0, and when attempting to create a new one,
> v3.5 simply isn't shown as an available Framework.
>
> Am I missing something (ie. the plot!), or is this just how it is?

I *think* this should be correct. The version you talk about is the CLR version
which is still v2.0 with the 3.5 framework.

--
Rory

Dylan Parry

      20th Nov 2007
Rory Becker wrote:

> I *think* this should be correct. The version you talk about is the CLR version
> which is still v2.0 with the 3.5 framework.

Ah. Then I'm not losing the plot Cheers. So presumably, although I am
writing code in C# 3.0, the resulting DLL files are "ran" in the same
CLR as was installed for .NET 2.0 (and then 3.0)?

--
Dylan Parry

The opinions stated above are not necessarily representative of
those of my cats. All opinions expressed are entirely your own.

Rory Becker

      20th Nov 2007
>> I *think* this should be correct. The version you talk about is the
>> CLR version which is still v2.0 with the 3.5 framework.
>>

> Ah. Then I'm not losing the plot Cheers. So presumably, although I
> am writing code in C# 3.0, the resulting DLL files are "ran" in the
> same CLR as was installed for .NET 2.0 (and then 3.0)?

Thats the way I understand it.

It's also this that allows you to use many of the new language features (extention
methods etc) and still target 2.0.

The exceptions to this are things like linq which require library support
as well.

--
Rory

AlieN

      21st Nov 2007

"Dylan Parry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rory Becker wrote:
>
>> I *think* this should be correct. The version you talk about is the CLR
>> version
>> which is still v2.0 with the 3.5 framework.

> Ah. Then I'm not losing the plot Cheers. So presumably, although I am
> writing code in C# 3.0,

C# 3.0?

Dylan Parry

      21st Nov 2007
AlieN wrote:

> C# 3.0?

Actually I meant C# 3 without the point-oh. Fingers going faster than
the brain.

--
Dylan Parry

The opinions stated above are not necessarily representative of
those of my cats. All opinions expressed are entirely your own.

Jon Skeet [C# MVP]

      21st Nov 2007
Dylan Parry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > C# 3.0?

> Actually I meant C# 3 without the point-oh. Fingers going faster than
> the brain.

Some people do put the ".0" in for various versions of C#. In theory
the version of C# in VS2003 was actually 1.2, believe it or not.

Personally I like to stick to 1, 2, 3

--
Jon Skeet - <(E-Mail Removed)>
http://www.pobox.com/~skeet Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/jon.skeet

AlieN

      22nd Nov 2007

"Jon Skeet [C# MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dylan Parry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> > C# 3.0?

>> Actually I meant C# 3 without the point-oh. Fingers going faster than
>> the brain.

> Some people do put the ".0" in for various versions of C#. In theory
> the version of C# in VS2003 was actually 1.2, believe it or not.
>
> Personally I like to stick to 1, 2, 3

confused here.
do we already use c# 3 (as language version) on the Orca?

AlieN

      22nd Nov 2007
I see we do. I thought it's not out yet.

"AlieN" <makni_alen_remove@alenj_ukloni.net> wrote in message
news:fi41ds$dlf$(E-Mail Removed)-com.hr...

> "Jon Skeet [C# MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> Actually I meant C# 3 without the point-oh. Fingers going faster than
>>> the brain.

>> Some people do put the ".0" in for various versions of C#. In theory
>> the version of C# in VS2003 was actually 1.2, believe it or not.
>>
>> Personally I like to stick to 1, 2, 3
>>

> confused here.
> do we already use c# 3 (as language version) on the Orca?

Jon Skeet [C# MVP]

      22nd Nov 2007
AlieN <makni_alen_remove@alenj_ukloni.net> wrote:
> I see we do. I thought it's not out yet.

It was released on Monday.