IIS6 Restart

Mark Fitzpatrick

      30th Apr 2004
Typically when an ASP.Net app restarts it resets everything, as is the case
when the web.config file is updated. It could be you've heard about being
able to store the ASP.Net session state in a SQL Server store. I believe in
this scenario it can survive an application restart, but I haven't toyed
with that in a year or so, so I'm not exactly sure anymore.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

"Ali.M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>

> I heared that one of IIS6 new capabilities is it can keep all session

state
> variables when I restart the IIS.
>

> When I change web.config and save it during the asp.net application

runtime,
> the application looses all session variables.
>

> Am I missing some settings or this is by design?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Allan

Ali.M

      30th Apr 2004
Hi,

I heared that one of IIS6 new capabilities is it can keep all session state
variables when I restart the IIS.

When I change web.config and save it during the asp.net application runtime,
the application looses all session variables.

Am I missing some settings or this is by design?

Thanks,

Allan

Rama

      30th Apr 2004
This is a known behavior.

If the Session information is configured to be stored in SQL Server, then
you can avoid resetting of the Session information.

Pl. try Im not 100% sure but I did try something like before for testing and
i believe it worked for me.

Good Luck

"Ali.M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>

> I heared that one of IIS6 new capabilities is it can keep all session

state
> variables when I restart the IIS.
>

> When I change web.config and save it during the asp.net application

runtime,
> the application looses all session variables.
>

> Am I missing some settings or this is by design?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Allan

coollzh

      30th Apr 2004
you can store you session in another server runing asp.net StateService
when you asp.net appDomain Recyled, you can retrieve your session object
from the StateServer

"Ali.M" <(E-Mail Removed)> дϢ
news:#(E-Mail Removed)...