If I re-install all original software....

      3rd May 2004
If I need to re-intall the original software that came
with the PC (eMachine w/ Windows XP), will I lose all of
the pics in My Pictures, Spreadsheets I have saved, Word
Docs, Quicken Books, etc.

thanks

Rocket J. Squirrel

      3rd May 2004
Can't say for sure - don't know exactly what software you have installed, or
how you plan to reinstall it.

Backup and you'll have no reason to worry.

Rocky

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:775c01c43121$98d58b70$(E-Mail Removed)...
> If I need to re-intall the original software that came
> with the PC (eMachine w/ Windows XP), will I lose all of
> the pics in My Pictures, Spreadsheets I have saved, Word
> Docs, Quicken Books, etc.
>
> thanks

John Barnett MVP

      3rd May 2004
In a nutshell, Yes. Before you start to reinstall xp from your emachine
recovery disc make sure that you backup all your pictures, spreadsheets,
word docs and quicken documents. The best thing to do is back them up to a
cd. If your machine is like mine it will have come with either a cd/rw or a
dvd/rw. I know it can be a chore, but it is always wise to regularly backup
important data to a removable disc. It saves a lot of heartache after the
event.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert