IE8 black top

Henry

      12th May 2012
I know this has been discussed before, but every once in a while when I open
IE8 in WinXP Pro SP3, the whole top is black and can't be read. I know of
the scheme to run/services.msc/themes off/ themes on, and that takes care of
the problem. However, it doesn't stick. Is there a method to make it stick
and not come back?

Thanks

Henry

Hot-text

      12th May 2012
"Henry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jokanb$t2q$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I know this has been discussed before, but every once in a while when I
>open IE8 in WinXP Pro SP3, the whole top is black and can't be read. I
>know of the scheme to run/services.msc/themes off/ themes on, and that
>takes care of the problem. However, it doesn't stick. Is there a method
>to make it stick and not come back?
>
> Thanks
>
> Henry

Henry frend... uninstall IE8 then no problem

glee

      12th May 2012
"Henry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jokanb$t2q$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I know this has been discussed before, but every once in a while when I
>open IE8 in WinXP Pro SP3, the whole top is black and can't be read. I
>know of the scheme to run/services.msc/themes off/ themes on, and that
>takes care of the problem. However, it doesn't stick. Is there a
>method to make it stick and not come back?

As far as I know, Microsoft never fixed it. Are you using the Classic
theme? That's the scenario I'm aware of where this bug comes up....
using the Classic theme in XP, with IE8.

The options in this post seem to be the most complete, other than just
switching browsers:
http://www.technibble.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=10

--
Glen Ventura