IE unable to connect to Internet

Louie Pham

      25th Aug 2009
IE8 or Chrome unable to connect to Internet, and network connection
seem fine since I was able to ping outside. I even try to disabke
firewall and that not even help. I could connect from Safemode with
Network. So how do I solve this problem.

Malke

      25th Aug 2009
Louie Pham wrote:

> IE8 or Chrome unable to connect to Internet, and network connection
> seem fine since I was able to ping outside. I even try to disabke
> firewall and that not even help. I could connect from Safemode with
> Network. So how do I solve this problem.

If you can connect to the outside world in Safe Mode With Networking,
something you have running in Regular Mode is preventing the connection. It
could be malware or something legitimate. The first thing to do is make sure
your computer is completely virus/malware-free so you know you are working
from a clean base:

If the computer was infected, cleaning it up may solve the issue and you'll
be done. Otherwise the next step is to do clean-boot troubleshooting to
determine what program/process is preventing Internet access in Regular
Mode.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista -

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Louie Pham

      25th Aug 2009
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 04:49:04 -0700, Malke <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>If the computer was infected, cleaning it up may solve the issue and you'll
>be done. Otherwise the next step is to do clean-boot troubleshooting to
>determine what program/process is preventing Internet access in Regular
>Mode.
>
>How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista -
>http://support.microsoft.com/default...kb;EN-US;92913

I already try clean boot but that not help. I will try other step
next.