IE suddenly closes by itself randomly.

Abdul

      11th Oct 2003
My internet explorer suddenly closes by itself at random
times when im browsing the internet. I ran Norton Antivirus
completely updated and there were no viruses found. I ran
adaware and spybot search and destory and cleaned my system
of all spyware yet it keeps closing.
can anyone help?

thank you.

Ray

      11th Oct 2003
Go to Tools, Internet Options, Settings and see if the
pointer for "Amount of disk space in use" has moved to
zero. If it has then move the pointer to the right, if it
has not, then click OK and clik on delete files. Chances
are that you have not got enough space left for the files.
Can you send some feedback, thanks.

H Leboeuf

      11th Oct 2003
From previous posts, unedited.

Whenever I enter page setup in Internet Explore,Internet explorer closes
down with no error messages

Hi all, I am a technician who has seen this problem a few times. I
have found the systems to be infected with the SobigF virus. Symantec
has a removal tool if you go to:
http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/(E-Mail Removed)

===========

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811812
Internet Explorer Quits When You Visit a Web Page That Uses an XSL Transform
and Window.name Property

++++++++++++++

IE 6.

Try this: Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Browsing
Uncheck the Enable 3rd party browser extensions

If this clears your problem then find out who the culprit is with these
tools.

Let AD-Aware Scan your system for advertising Spyware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com

or:

SpyBot-S&D
http://security.kolla.de/

p.s Reset the 3rd party browser setting.

From: "Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Sender: "Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)>