IE 8 start-up problem upon boot

PSRumbagh

      26th Apr 2010
I put a shortcut to IE 8 in my startup folder. When I boot up IE 8 always
produces error message that "navigation to web site was cancelled". Hitting
the IE 8 "refresh" button causes it to go to the correct home web site
(www.charter.net). Why? Is IE 8 being loaded at the wrong time? What can I
do about it? If IE 8 is not in Startup folder and started manually after
boot-up is complete no problems.

PA Bear [MS MVP]

      26th Apr 2010
[crosspost to IE General]

Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3?

Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
it)?
--
IE-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)