http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp is now in offline mode

Pat

      10th May 2004
Hi;

I installed Outlook 2003 about a month ago before I went on vacation.
Now when I returned from vacation, I have problems. When I try to
check my Hotmail account, it hangs up for a minute or two and then
comes up with a message that says
"http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp is now in offline
mode" What does this mean? I can check my mail at the hotmail site. It
has been doing this for about a week. How can I fix it?

Thanks
Pat

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      10th May 2004
Did you activate it before going on vacation?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

OneNote Tips: (E-Mail Removed)

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi;
>
> I installed Outlook 2003 about a month ago before I went on vacation.
> Now when I returned from vacation, I have problems. When I try to
> check my Hotmail account, it hangs up for a minute or two and then
> comes up with a message that says
> "http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp is now in offline
> mode" What does this mean? I can check my mail at the hotmail site. It
> has been doing this for about a week. How can I fix it?
>
> Thanks
> Pat

Pat

      10th May 2004
"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<#(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Did you activate it before going on vacation?

Yes...It was working and I was able to read my hotmail account. Now I
keep getting the same error saying that the httpmail is in offline
mode. I tried reinstalling outlook and that didn't help. I also tried
creating a new hotmail account. Still doesnt work.

Thanks
Pat

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

      10th May 2004
Did you look at the File menu to see if it's in offline mode - also check
the Help menu, Activate Product... If you don't activate within 50 uses, you
drop to a limited use mode - generally read only access to your files. It
sounds like you are in this unactivated state.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

OneNote Tips: (E-Mail Removed)

"Pat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:<#(E-Mail Removed)>...
>> Did you activate it before going on vacation?

> Yes...It was working and I was able to read my hotmail account. Now I
> keep getting the same error saying that the httpmail is in offline
> mode. I tried reinstalling outlook and that didn't help. I also tried
> creating a new hotmail account. Still doesnt work.
>
> Thanks
> Pat

New Member

      18th Nov 2008