HTML and Fax Merge Problem Outlook 2003

Wayne

      3rd Sep 2004
Using w2002 and Outlook 2003 with MS sbs fax product
running on w2003 server. When I merge fax using outlook,
via selecting html format, nothing happens. When I use
attachment format I get ittitating error about another
program trying to email using outlook and I have to click
yes for every record. Impossible.Solution?

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      3rd Sep 2004
What do you mean by w2002?
Word and Outlook versions must match for a mail merge to succeed.
Using HTML format in the message will avoid those prompts, but you must be
careful not to include any graphics that would require rendering since the
fax service can't handle that rendering.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Wayne" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:04ff01c49192$d279d8f0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Using w2002 and Outlook 2003 with MS sbs fax product
> running on w2003 server. When I merge fax using outlook,
> via selecting html format, nothing happens. When I use
> attachment format I get ittitating error about another
> program trying to email using outlook and I have to click
> yes for every record. Impossible.Solution?

      6th Sep 2004
Thanks for the response. I mean word 2002. I upgraded the
outlook component of Office XP sp2 with outlook 2003
included in windows sbs 2003, leaving the other office
components as 2002.

What you're saying is that I need word 2003 to merge fax.

Is there any way other way than using html to get around
the security prompts because I would prefer to merge fax
as attachment? Tx

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      6th Sep 2004
Yes. Outlook and Word versions must match for mail merges to work.
Currently there is no way to avoid the security prompt other than to use
HTML. Attachments have never been supported in merges to electronic mail.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:012e01c49442$d2dcbad0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the response. I mean word 2002. I upgraded the
> outlook component of Office XP sp2 with outlook 2003
> included in windows sbs 2003, leaving the other office
> components as 2002.
>
> What you're saying is that I need word 2003 to merge fax.
>
> Is there any way other way than using html to get around
> the security prompts because I would prefer to merge fax
> as attachment? Tx

      7th Sep 2004
Thanks, 3rd party fax software here I come

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

      7th Sep 2004
Let me know what you find that works. I'm just curious.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
news:00cb01c49501$0babf060$(E-Mail Removed)...