hp scanner uninstall/install problems

adam

      5th Sep 2003
I can not get my HP 3200C scanner to run in windows XP
environmnet.

It is not being registered correctly in the device
manager. its coming up as "imaging device" and i am
unable to uninstall this "imaging device" because the
computer is giving an error that it may be required to
boot up the computer.

as of yet there are no IRQ or port conflicts.

booting in safemode does not help.

no HP type *.drv file did i find in the
windows/system32/driver directory

anyhelp is better then non.

thank u

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

      6th Sep 2003
You will be able to remove the 'imaging device' if you disconnect the
scanner, then reboot and enter Safe Mode (one of the options using F8 at
startup).

BTW it is being correctly identified in the Device Manager..... an imaging
device is a scanner!

Cari
www.coribright.com

news:24be01c373e2$3ce3c8b0$(E-Mail Removed)...