hp psc 2100 all in one scanner installation problems

edpinewood@msn.com

      28th Nov 2003
We are having problems installing the program for the hp
psc 2100 all in one printer/scanner/copier. The computer
came with a program that recognized the printer/copier,
but does not recognize the scanner. We try to install the
program (driver?) CD that came with the all in one, but
the computer stalls at about 54% installation and states
internal error 2343. We have downloaded the fix program
for error 2343 from microsoft but the program will still
not install. PLEASE HELP. You can contact at
(E-Mail Removed). THANK YOU!!

Stelios Koulouris

      28th Nov 2003
There is no psc 2100. There is psc 2105, 2108, 2110, 2110v etc.
Please in order to get help be precise and detailed in the information you
are posting.

Anyway if it is the 2105 or equivelant there some realy new software drivers
dated 2003-11-11 that probably corect the installation problem. You can
download them from HP site at:

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwar...etype=software

It is the last option under "Driver" with the description "HP Full Solution
Software Driver". Be sure that you are using a broadband connection to
download the file or that you can maintain the connection for a long time as
the file is 172.65 MB large.

news:066201c3b5d5$fa2cd710$(E-Mail Removed)...
> We are having problems installing the program for the hp
> psc 2100 all in one printer/scanner/copier. The computer
> came with a program that recognized the printer/copier,
> but does not recognize the scanner. We try to install the
> program (driver?) CD that came with the all in one, but
> the computer stalls at about 54% installation and states
> internal error 2343. We have downloaded the fix program
> for error 2343 from microsoft but the program will still
> not install. PLEASE HELP. You can contact at
> (E-Mail Removed). THANK YOU!!

Stelios Koulouris

      28th Nov 2003
Also have a look at the following HP paper with title "HP All-in-One
Products - Resolving MSI Errors Including Internal Error 2343, Error
Applying Transforms, Error 1406, Error 1704 Suspended Install" at :

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/hub_search...00016803&lc=en

news:066201c3b5d5$fa2cd710$(E-Mail Removed)...
> We are having problems installing the program for the hp
> psc 2100 all in one printer/scanner/copier. The computer
> came with a program that recognized the printer/copier,
> but does not recognize the scanner. We try to install the
> program (driver?) CD that came with the all in one, but
> the computer stalls at about 54% installation and states
> internal error 2343. We have downloaded the fix program
> for error 2343 from microsoft but the program will still
> not install. PLEASE HELP. You can contact at
> (E-Mail Removed). THANK YOU!!

Kloschüssel

      10th Jan 2004

I installed the 2100, had the same problem (there is anyway no precisio
in the naming of the printer/scanner, because it is only called PS
2100, no further explanation!)

anyway .. I downloaded the new drivers, but still same problem. Th
scanner-driver is not being installed at no costs .. he always tell
me: driver not found (which is impossible) ..

after that I went to friend of mine and tried out if the PSC 2175 ma
could be working .. but still same problem!

then I got an idea and downloaded the Scrubber from HP, he delete
every driver (which the uninstall process don't) and tried to reinstal
everything .. still the same problem

even a technician was here to help me .. no chance .. he told me: "
didn't see such a thing since years!" and also he gave up this s***
after 2 hours of trying and re-trying .. NO WAY!

right now I'm on my way to kick out this f****g bastard of scanner an
buy me another one (definitly it WON'T BE A HP!! only problems wit
this s***t)

greeting

Kloschüsse

New Member

      7th Jan 2008
I also have an Hp 2100 series all-in-one printer. 2110v to be precise. This problem has frustrated me too. It will print documents but the scanner does not work at all. I've been searching for hours for a solution but to no avail. Anyone who has knowledge about this, please help.

New Member

      8th Apr 2010
I received "Internal Error 2343" as well. I was able to resolve this using Orca <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/255905> to edit the "aiosw.msi" file.

I removed all references to "SetINSTALLDIR" and "SetINSTALLDIR2" under both "InstallExecuteSequence" and "InstallUISequence". I then saved the MSI file and re-ran the Setup.exe and all worked well! I recommend that you make a copy of aiosw.msi before editing in it Orca.

Rather than downloading the whole SDK you can just download Orca here;
http://www.technipages.com/wp-conten...07/11/orca.Msi

New Member

      25th Feb 2011
DaveW_NZ is a god. After hours and hours of bad advise (I tried nearly everything) & useless on-line help from HP, his simple solution solved my driver installation problem on my PSC 2110.

... sigh... I guess I won't need to buy a new scanner-printer afterall. No new toys.