PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Hotmail/outlook 0x800CCC0D error 'server not found'

 
 
Jonathan B. Jung
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      4th Jun 2005
for the last 4 days I been getting intermittent error message with my
Outlook2003..............Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.'
reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'The server could not be found.'
I've been grandfathered in so I am allowed to use Outlook with my Hotmail.
I've repaired outlook, used the Winsock fixer, turned off NAV and Norton
Security, went from wireless to plugged directly in the the cable modem,
etc.
Now I found out my Father, next town over, is having the same happen to
him. Different Internet provider. Looking on the
http://support.msn.com/networkstatus.aspx for hotmail it says everything is
fine. Any ideas about what to do? It is so tedious to get Hotmail to
respond...... Jonathan


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
James Gockel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      4th Jun 2005
Whew, I'm glad it wasnt just me.
I beleive, it's an issue needed to be taken up with Hotmail..
Just be aware, hotmail is trying to get it so that Outlook users can't use
hotmail on outlook. For now, they're only doing it to new users, but I'll
bet this is all a ploy to get everyone to stop using outlook.
Because every time you go hotmail.com MS makes money.
When you use outlook MS dosn't make money.
So if they give you an error and you can't download your email, where are
you going to go first? www.hotmail.com? I know it, I do it too!
-James G.

"Jonathan B. Jung" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> for the last 4 days I been getting intermittent error message with my
> Outlook2003..............Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing
> headers.' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'The server could not be found.'
> I've been grandfathered in so I am allowed to use Outlook with my Hotmail.
> I've repaired outlook, used the Winsock fixer, turned off NAV and Norton
> Security, went from wireless to plugged directly in the the cable modem,
> etc.
> Now I found out my Father, next town over, is having the same happen to
> him. Different Internet provider. Looking on the
> http://support.msn.com/networkstatus.aspx for hotmail it says everything
> is fine. Any ideas about what to do? It is so tedious to get Hotmail to
> respond...... Jonathan
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Jonathan B. Jung
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      4th Jun 2005
I don't know about all of the above, it may just be coincidence that this
happened when msn started sending out their "Outlook Live" signup email.
Nevertheless I still can't get my outlook/hotmail to work. I really don't
want to switch email providers. Hotmail has been good. The few times they
have had problems with there service it has been a real hassle to find out
it's them and not my computer. They are not very forth coming with info and
they make it a hassle to get in touch with them and forget phone
support...since there is none. I really don't what to switch to yahoo or
gmail....not yet....jonathan



"James Gockel" <flibbertigibbet007_at_hotmail_dot_com> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Whew, I'm glad it wasnt just me.
> I beleive, it's an issue needed to be taken up with Hotmail..
> Just be aware, hotmail is trying to get it so that Outlook users can't use
> hotmail on outlook. For now, they're only doing it to new users, but I'll
> bet this is all a ploy to get everyone to stop using outlook.
> Because every time you go hotmail.com MS makes money.
> When you use outlook MS dosn't make money.
> So if they give you an error and you can't download your email, where are
> you going to go first? www.hotmail.com? I know it, I do it too!
> -James G.
>
> "Jonathan B. Jung" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> for the last 4 days I been getting intermittent error message with my
>> Outlook2003..............Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing
>> headers.' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'The server could not be found.'
>> I've been grandfathered in so I am allowed to use Outlook with my
>> Hotmail. I've repaired outlook, used the Winsock fixer, turned off NAV
>> and Norton Security, went from wireless to plugged directly in the the
>> cable modem, etc.
>> Now I found out my Father, next town over, is having the same happen to
>> him. Different Internet provider. Looking on the
>> http://support.msn.com/networkstatus.aspx for hotmail it says everything
>> is fine. Any ideas about what to do? It is so tedious to get Hotmail to
>> respond...... Jonathan
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Milhouse Van Houten
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      4th Jun 2005
See the concurrent thread about this in this forum for more information, but
it's all pretty spotty at the moment. Note also that other groups confirm
similar/identical problems with OE access over the last week, so it's hardly
just Outlook. Hopefully it's just another little one of their glitches
(recall the one several months ago that lasted weeks and had people
screaming?) that will resolve itself. It seems like it has for some already.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Jonathan B. Jung
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      5th Jun 2005
It doesn't have to do with paid vs not paid. If you have been using Outlook
then it should work. I just got an email from hotmail support, it states:

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for writing to Hotmail Technical Support. My name is Debojit and I
will be assisting you today.

I understand that you are unable to access your Hotmail account using
Outlook. I know how important it is for you to access your account using
Outlook.

We have verified that some other Hotmail members are also experiencing
issues similar to the one you have reported. Our technical staff is aware of
this situation and is currently working on a fix to this issue. I understand
that this limits the functionalities of your account and I sincerely
apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing.

Your satisfaction with our services is very important to us. If you have any
other concerns about Hotmail, please do not hesitate to write back. We
appreciate your time and patience.

Regards,



Debojit

MSN Hotmail Technical Support


Some progress is being made.........hurray.....


"Milhouse Van Houten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> See the concurrent thread about this in this forum for more information,
> but it's all pretty spotty at the moment. Note also that other groups
> confirm similar/identical problems with OE access over the last week, so
> it's hardly just Outlook. Hopefully it's just another little one of their
> glitches (recall the one several months ago that lasted weeks and had
> people screaming?) that will resolve itself. It seems like it has for some
> already.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
James Gockel
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      5th Jun 2005
yeah, progress. It's really working.. heh
Still issues just a few moments ago.

-James
"Jonathan B. Jung" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> It doesn't have to do with paid vs not paid. If you have been using
> Outlook then it should work. I just got an email from hotmail support, it
> states:
>
> Dear Jonathan,
>
> Thank you for writing to Hotmail Technical Support. My name is Debojit and
> I will be assisting you today.
>
> I understand that you are unable to access your Hotmail account using
> Outlook. I know how important it is for you to access your account using
> Outlook.
>
> We have verified that some other Hotmail members are also experiencing
> issues similar to the one you have reported. Our technical staff is aware
> of this situation and is currently working on a fix to this issue. I
> understand that this limits the functionalities of your account and I
> sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing.
>
> Your satisfaction with our services is very important to us. If you have
> any other concerns about Hotmail, please do not hesitate to write back. We
> appreciate your time and patience.
>
> Regards,
>
>
>
> Debojit
>
> MSN Hotmail Technical Support
>
>
> Some progress is being made.........hurray.....
>
>
> "Milhouse Van Houten" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> See the concurrent thread about this in this forum for more information,
>> but it's all pretty spotty at the moment. Note also that other groups
>> confirm similar/identical problems with OE access over the last week, so
>> it's hardly just Outlook. Hopefully it's just another little one of their
>> glitches (recall the one several months ago that lasted weeks and had
>> people screaming?) that will resolve itself. It seems like it has for
>> some already.
>>

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Milhouse Van Houten
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      5th Jun 2005
"James Gockel" <flibbertigibbet007_at_hotmail_dot_com> wrote in message
news:e$(E-Mail Removed)...
> yeah, progress. It's really working.. heh
> Still issues just a few moments ago.


I think just as this problem didn't affect all users, the fix won't
necessarily trickle down to everyone right away. I'm seeing a lot of
positive reports today though, and it's back to normal here after being down
for about a week (in Outlook only -- OE was fine the whole time), so it's
encouraging.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
getting error Task 'POP3'- sending reported error (0x800CCC0D) =?Utf-8?B?ZG9scGhuYm95?= Microsoft Outlook Discussion 0 29th Jan 2007 02:03 AM
what is POP error "Error Number: 0x800ccc0d" how do you fix it? =?Utf-8?B?UGF0?= Microsoft Outlook Discussion 1 4th Jan 2006 12:37 AM
Subject: Socket Error: 11004 - Error # 0x800CCC0D Bobby G. Windows XP General 0 2nd Feb 2004 07:08 PM
Socket Error: 11004 - Error # 0x800CCC0D Bobby G Windows XP General 0 13th Jan 2004 03:20 PM
Socket Error: 11004 - Error # 0x800CCC0D Bobby G Windows XP General 1 8th Jan 2004 05:19 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:12 PM.