Hotmail Connection Errors (0x80048862)

=?Utf-8?B?UnlhbiBDYXJtaWNoYWVs?=

      22nd Jul 2006
At Mail Desktop Strtup - 1 0f my two, or both of my Hotmai ccounts can not
connect - but sometimes they do no worries - any ideas?

Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Sorry, we were unable
to sign you in to the Microsoft Passport at this time. Please try again
later. Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v1.0.0/sync.aspx',
Protocol: HTTPMail, Port: 80, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x80048862,
Error Number: 0x80048862

Thankyou,
Ryan

StephenB

      22nd Jul 2006
Ryan Carmichael <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>At Mail Desktop Strtup - 1 0f my two, or both of my Hotmai ccounts can not
>connect - but sometimes they do no worries - any ideas?
>
>Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Sorry, we were unable
>to sign you in to the Microsoft Passport at this time. Please try again
>later. Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v1.0.0/sync.aspx',
>Protocol: HTTPMail, Port: 80, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x80048862,
>Error Number: 0x80048862
>
>Thankyou,
>Ryan

I'd say wait for the next build to drop. Many people, myself included, will have
WLMD crash hard when a second account is synched.
The only other thing to verify, since yours is not crashing, is to go to
ideas.live.com and sign in with the account you are trying to use in WLMD that
is not updating and click on the link to download/try the beta for WLMD.
It may be that your secondary account is not validated for the beta.
-steve
--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live