Queenie

      9th Jan 2004
How do I get rid of it, I have tired to remove it, I have
tried to dump it, I have tired to delete it. I even
tried to go back to before I installed it and restore my
puter to before that date but I won't let me go back that
far. Now everytime I do a virus scan it shows up and I
quarintine it but I want to get rid of it.

Andrew

      10th Jan 2004
Have you tried going to Add & Remove Programs in the Control Panel?

Queenie wrote:
> How do I get rid of it, I have tired to remove it, I have
> tried to dump it, I have tired to delete it. I even
> tried to go back to before I installed it and restore my
> puter to before that date but I won't let me go back that
> far. Now everytime I do a virus scan it shows up and I
> quarintine it but I want to get rid of it.

Moose

      11th Jan 2004
There are free removal tools for Hotbar. Just google for them. You will
not be able to get rid of this crap in a normal manner (i.e.) Add/Remove
Programs. In the future be careful what you click when you're surfing the
pr0n sites.

I think hijackthis.exe (free download) removes hotbar if I remember
correctly. Also, Adaware (free) may now remove it.

Go here.
http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html

Moose

news:06fc01c3d678$647e8a60$(E-Mail Removed)...