Hot Keys for Switching Between 2 Monitors?

Fidelis K

      22nd Nov 2006
I set up my Sony 23" LCD as dual monitor with an X1900GT

X1900GT DVI output 1 --> DVI-to-Analog Converter --> Analog input of the
Sony (primary display)
X1900GT DVI output 2 --> DVI input of the same Sony LCD (clone)

The reason why I set it up like that is (1) I much prefer the dark & thick
text quality of the analog signal, but (2) 1680x1050 (my favorite resolution
for gaming) only works with the DVI input of the Sony. So, I manually switch
between the 2 inputs by pressing the input button on the Sony.

What I like to do is to create hot keys in the catalyst control center so
that I can switch between the 2 inputs by pressing those hot keys. My Sony
can auto-sense the input, so I guess it's a matter of telling the X1900GT
which output to use. Is this possible?

JLC

      22nd Nov 2006

"Fidelis K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JIQ8h.444$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I set up my Sony 23" LCD as dual monitor with an X1900GT
>
> X1900GT DVI output 1 --> DVI-to-Analog Converter --> Analog input of the
> Sony (primary display)
> X1900GT DVI output 2 --> DVI input of the same Sony LCD (clone)
>
> The reason why I set it up like that is (1) I much prefer the dark & thick
> text quality of the analog signal, but (2) 1680x1050 (my favorite
> resolution for gaming) only works with the DVI input of the Sony. So, I
> manually switch between the 2 inputs by pressing the input button on the
> Sony.
>
> What I like to do is to create hot keys in the catalyst control center so
> that I can switch between the 2 inputs by pressing those hot keys. My Sony
> can auto-sense the input, so I guess it's a matter of telling the X1900GT
> which output to use. Is this possible?

Just open the Hotkey tab in CCC and you'll see a list off all the commands
that you can use. The all you have to do is assign a key to that command. I
not sure about switching between the same monitor. I switch from my PC
monitor to my TV by simply pressing F5. JLC

Mangyrat

      22nd Nov 2006
you can try Ultra monitor and set up different display profiles
with one click of the mouse i jump from 2 monitors to 1 changing the res and
refresh. for gaming and when im dune gameing i click one time and im back to
2 monitors.

http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/

"Fidelis K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:JIQ8h.444$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I set up my Sony 23" LCD as dual monitor with an X1900GT
>
> X1900GT DVI output 1 --> DVI-to-Analog Converter --> Analog input of the
> Sony (primary display)
> X1900GT DVI output 2 --> DVI input of the same Sony LCD (clone)
>
> The reason why I set it up like that is (1) I much prefer the dark & thick
> text quality of the analog signal, but (2) 1680x1050 (my favorite
> resolution for gaming) only works with the DVI input of the Sony. So, I
> manually switch between the 2 inputs by pressing the input button on the
> Sony.
>
> What I like to do is to create hot keys in the catalyst control center so
> that I can switch between the 2 inputs by pressing those hot keys. My Sony
> can auto-sense the input, so I guess it's a matter of telling the X1900GT
> which output to use. Is this possible?

Fidelis K

      23rd Nov 2006

"JLC" <jc@nospam> wrote in message
> Just open the Hotkey tab in CCC and you'll see a list off all the commands
> that you can use. The all you have to do is assign a key to that command.
> I not sure about switching between the same monitor. I switch from my PC
> monitor to my TV by simply pressing F5. JLC

Thanks. It was easy. There's a switch monitor command in CCC and I assigned
F12 to it. Now, by pressing F12, I switch between analog and DVI.

JLC

      23rd Nov 2006

"Fidelis K" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Kg89h.145$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "JLC" <jc@nospam> wrote in message
>> Just open the Hotkey tab in CCC and you'll see a list off all the
>> commands that you can use. The all you have to do is assign a key to that
>> command. I not sure about switching between the same monitor. I switch
>> from my PC monitor to my TV by simply pressing F5. JLC

> Thanks. It was easy. There's a switch monitor command in CCC and I
> assigned F12 to it. Now, by pressing F12, I switch between analog and DVI.

Glad you got it going. JLC