the host SMTP could not be found.

barbie n

      2nd Jan 2009
can't send e-mails to places like ebay or craigs list. no problem with
friends home e-mail addresses. I am thinking I should be able to mail to
SMTP as well as IMAP hosts. would't have a clue how to do this. please
explain this to me in very,very simple terms. thanks.
--
barbie n

barbie n

      2nd Jan 2009
thanks for the advice but it did't work. any other suggestions?
--
barbie n

"VistaRookie" wrote:

> Anyone should be able to open a new email and
> paste the Craigs list email address into it.
>
> barbie n;1121711 Wrote:
> > can't send e-mails to places like ebay or craigs list. no problem with
> > friends home e-mail addresses. I am thinking I should be able to mail
> > SMTP as well as IMAP hosts. would't have a clue how to do this. please
> > explain this to me in very,very simple terms. thanks.
> > --
> > barbie n

> --
> VistaRookie

Gary VanderMolen

      2nd Jan 2009
How do you normally send emails? Who is the email service provider?

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"barbie n" <bjn@comcast> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> thanks for the advice but it did't work. any other suggestions?
> --
> barbie n
>

> "VistaRookie" wrote:
>

>> Anyone should be able to open a new email and
>> paste the Craigs list email address into it.
>>
>> barbie n;1121711 Wrote:
>> > can't send e-mails to places like ebay or craigs list. no problem with
>> > friends home e-mail addresses. I am thinking I should be able to mail
>> > SMTP as well as IMAP hosts. would't have a clue how to do this. please
>> > explain this to me in very,very simple terms. thanks.
>> > --
>> > barbie n

>> --
>> VistaRookie

barbie n

      4th Jan 2009

--
barbie n

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> How do you normally send emails? Who is the email service provider?
>I have the local cable company (Comcast). Their provider is Smart Zone. I usually send emails by going into my address book and setting up from there. My people must all have SMTP as there host. When I try to email to a business such as ebay or craigs list the mail won't go through.

> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>

> "barbie n" <bjn@comcast> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > thanks for the advice but it did't work. any other suggestions?
> > --
> > barbie n
> >

> > "VistaRookie" wrote:
> >

> >> Anyone should be able to open a new email and
> >> paste the Craigs list email address into it.

> >> --
> >> VistaRookie

Gary VanderMolen

      4th Jan 2009
Either set up a new account or correct the settings in your existing mail account
in Windows Mail such that the settings agree with:

http://www.comcast.com/Customers/FAQ...s.ashx?Id=2288

If after making those changes you still get an error message,
right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

"barbie n" <bjn@comcast> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed)...

> --
> barbie n
>

> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>
>> How do you normally send emails? Who is the email service provider?
>>I have the local cable company (Comcast). Their provider is Smart Zone. I usually send emails by going into my address book
>>and setting up from there. My people must all have SMTP as there host. When I try to email to a business such as ebay or
>>craigs list the mail won't go through.

>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>>

>> "barbie n" <bjn@comcast> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > thanks for the advice but it did't work. any other suggestions?
>> > --
>> > barbie n

barbie n

      8th Jan 2009
Gary-unable to get to--
the account. worried I would loose all my email abilities. This is the
message.
barbie n

The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the
server name correctly.
Subject 'Contract Nurses', Account: 'IMAP', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP,
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> Either set up a new account or correct the settings in your existing mail account
> in Windows Mail such that the settings agree with:
>
> http://www.comcast.com/Customers/FAQ...s.ashx?Id=2288
>
> If after making those changes you still get an error message,
> right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
>
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
>

> "barbie n" <bjn@comcast> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > --
> > barbie n
> >

> > "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
> >
> >> How do you normally send emails? Who is the email service provider?
> >>I have the local cable company (Comcast). Their provider is Smart Zone. I usually send emails by going into my address book
> >>and setting up from there. My people must all have SMTP as there host. When I try to email to a business such as ebay or
> >>craigs list the mail won't go through.

> >> --
> >> Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)

barbie n

      8th Jan 2009
The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the
server name correctly.
Subject 'Contract Nurses', Account: 'IMAP', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP,
Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
--I CAN'T GET THE SECOND PART TO COME THROUGH. IT IS ABOUT THE SAME BUT NIT
STATES IT CAN'T FIND THE HOST IMAP.
barbie n

"barbie n" wrote:

> Gary-unable to get to--
> the account. worried I would loose all my email abilities. This is the
> message.
> barbie n
>
> The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the
> server name correctly.
> Subject 'Contract Nurses', Account: 'IMAP', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP,
> Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
>

> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>
> > Either set up a new account or correct the settings in your existing mail account
> > in Windows Mail such that the settings agree with:
> >
> > http://www.comcast.com/Customers/FAQ...s.ashx?Id=2288
> >
> > If after making those changes you still get an error message,
> > right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here.
> >
> > --
> > Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP (Mail)
> >

> > "barbie n" <bjn@comcast> wrote in message news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > --
> > > barbie n

Gary VanderMolen

      8th Jan 2009
"SMTP" is not a valid name for your mail server.
You must obtain the correct server names from your mail provider.
If that is Comcast, see