The host 'SMTP' could not be found.

jdelaney

      5th Dec 2007
when i try to send or recieve messages with outlook express 6 i get this
error message: (outgoing)The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify
that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server:
'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error
Number: 0x800CCC0D
(incoming) The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have
entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3', Protocol:
POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
0x800CCC0D
can someone help me fix this problem

Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]

      6th Dec 2007
The server names are incorrect. They should be something like
"(servername).(yourISP).com" (E.G. "SMTP.Cox.com"). Check with your ISP
for the correct names for their SMTP and POP servers.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (E-Mail Removed)
Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"jdelaney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> when i try to send or recieve messages with outlook express 6 i get this
> error message: (outgoing)The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify
> that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server:
> 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001,

Error
> Number: 0x800CCC0D
> (incoming) The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have
> entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3',

Protocol:
> POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC0D
> can someone help me fix this problem

Brian Tillman

      6th Dec 2007
jdelaney <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> when i try to send or recieve messages with outlook express 6 i get
> this error message: (outgoing)The host 'SMTP' could not be found.
> Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
> Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
> (incoming) The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you
> have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server:
> 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
> 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
> can someone help me fix this problem

Ask your ISP for the correct names of the servers
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

gan

      6th Dec 2007
I have the SAME problem with MCHSI.com - The server names are correct. This
worked fine for me until installing Outlook 2007 and have been unable to get
connection after that.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> jdelaney <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > when i try to send or recieve messages with outlook express 6 i get
> > this error message: (outgoing)The host 'SMTP' could not be found.
> > Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
> > Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25,
> > Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
> > (incoming) The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you
> > have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server:
> > 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
> > 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
> > can someone help me fix this problem

> Ask your ISP for the correct names of the servers
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Brian Tillman

      6th Dec 2007
gan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I have the SAME problem with MCHSI.com - The server names are
> correct. This worked fine for me until installing Outlook 2007 and
> have been unable to get connection after that.

Please start your own thread and give as detailed a description of the
problem as you can, including the exact text of any error messages. Also
state what the support staff at mchsi.com told you.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

wee

      20th Mar 2008
how do you figure out the names from your ISP?

"Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" wrote:

> The server names are incorrect. They should be something like
> "(servername).(yourISP).com" (E.G. "SMTP.Cox.com"). Check with your ISP
> for the correct names for their SMTP and POP servers.
>
> Hal
> --
> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (E-Mail Removed)
> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
> Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>
> "jdelaney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > when i try to send or recieve messages with outlook express 6 i get this
> > error message: (outgoing)The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify
> > that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server:
> > 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001,

> Error
> > Number: 0x800CCC0D
> > (incoming) The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have
> > entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3',

> Protocol:
> > POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
> > 0x800CCC0D
> > can someone help me fix this problem

Roady [MVP]

      20th Mar 2008
By contacting them or read their documentation.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"wee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> how do you figure out the names from your ISP?
>
> "Hal Hostetler [MVP P/I]" wrote:
>
>> The server names are incorrect. They should be something like
>> "(servername).(yourISP).com" (E.G. "SMTP.Cox.com"). Check with your ISP
>> for the correct names for their SMTP and POP servers.
>>
>> Hal
>> --
>> Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- (E-Mail Removed)
>> Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX
>> http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
>> KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
>> Live at Hot Licks - www.badnewsbluesband.com
>>
>> "jdelaney" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > when i try to send or recieve messages with outlook express 6 i get
>> > this
>> > error message: (outgoing)The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please
>> > verify
>> > that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3',
>> > Server:
>> > 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001,

>> Error
>> > Number: 0x800CCC0D
>> > (incoming) The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you
>> > have
>> > entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3',

>> Protocol:
>> > POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
>> > 0x800CCC0D
>> > can someone help me fix this problem

dmgain

      24th Sep 2008

"jdelaney" wrote:

> when i try to send or recieve messages with outlook express 6 i get this
> error message: (outgoing)The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify
> that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server:
> 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error
> Number: 0x800CCC0D
> (incoming) The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have
> entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3', Protocol:
> POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC0D
> can someone help me fix this problem

neo [mvp outlook]

      25th Sep 2008
Double check your e-mail account settings in Outlook Express to ensure they
have the right server names for POP3 and SMTP.

"dmgain" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "jdelaney" wrote:
>
>> when i try to send or recieve messages with outlook express 6 i get this
>> error message: (outgoing)The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please
>> verify
>> that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server:
>> 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001,
>> Error
>> Number: 0x800CCC0D
>> (incoming) The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you
>> have
>> entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3',
>> Protocol:
>> POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number:
>> 0x800CCC0D
>> can someone help me fix this problem

Peter Foldes

      25th Sep 2008
What is the pop3 and smtp as was given by your ISP???

I do not seem to see it in your error messages and also you should post this to the Outlook Express newsgroup and not here to the Outlook newsgroup which is a part of Office

OE newsgroup

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xpress.general

--
Peter