horizontal grouping in ACCESS reports

karen in AZ

      16th Apr 2009
By default, ACCESS prints out grouped data in a vertical fashion. I want to
create a report that reads left to right, not top to down. Anyone know how
to make ACCESS reports work this way?

For example, if my highest order of grouping is by quarter, and my
subgrouping is by month, ACCESS will place the quarter on top and each month
below it, as such:

Q1
Jan 25%
Feb 30%
Mar 20%

However, I am seeking the following layout:

Q1 Q2
Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun
2% 4% 6% 8% 7% 5%

KARL DEWEY

      17th Apr 2009
Try a crosstab query like this --
TRANSFORM Sum(DailyDieselLog.Amount) AS SumOfAmount
SELECT DailyDieselLog.Operator
FROM DailyDieselLog
GROUP BY DailyDieselLog.Operator
PIVOT "Q" & Format([FuelDate],"q") & " - " & Format([FuelDate],"mmm") In
("Q1 - JAN","Q1 - FEB","Q1 - MAR","Q2 - APR","Q2 - MAY","Q2 - JUN""Q3 -
JUL","Q3 - AUG","Q3 - SEP","Q4 - OCT","Q4 - NOV","Q4 - DEC");

"karen in AZ" wrote:

> By default, ACCESS prints out grouped data in a vertical fashion. I want to
> create a report that reads left to right, not top to down. Anyone know how
> to make ACCESS reports work this way?
>
> For example, if my highest order of grouping is by quarter, and my
> subgrouping is by month, ACCESS will place the quarter on top and each month
> below it, as such:
>
> Q1
> Jan 25%
> Feb 30%
> Mar 20%
>
> However, I am seeking the following layout:
>
> Q1 Q2
> Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun
> 2% 4% 6% 8% 7% 5%

Duane Hookom

      20th Apr 2009
You might want to take a look at the Montly Crosstab report solution found at
http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=5466.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP