Home networking solved!

Nigel Andrews

      17th Feb 2004
I found that disabling the internal XP firewall solved my problem.

I had a working XP/ME network and added a new XP PC.
In using the Network Wizard on the original XP to create a disk to use on
the new XP, it knocked that (original) XP PC off the network!
The disk did however add the new one so I could see it from the ME PC.

I guess running the Network wizard enabled the firewall where it wasn't
before. Tho' it didn't enable it on the new XP PC - strange!

Nigel

jch

      17th Feb 2004
Thanks for sharing your success in troubleshooting your network. So many
times a software firewall issue is to blame for network difficulties.

newsXjYb.37$(E-Mail Removed)...