A hollow font for coloring for Word 2000?

Michele

      23rd Oct 2003
Is there a way to create a hollow font?
When doc is printed children can then color in the
words. Do you know how to create one (for the whole
alphabet) or where I can download one for free?
Thank you.

Mike Williams [MVP]

      23rd Oct 2003
Michele wrote:
> Is there a way to create a hollow font?
> When doc is printed children can then color in the
> words. Do you know how to create one (for the whole
> alphabet) or where I can download one for free?
> Thank you.

Use WordArt

Jezebel

      23rd Oct 2003
WordArt is probably the best answer. Alternatively do a Google for fonts
with 'outline' in their name -- there are plenty around. Or use a program
like Corel that can draw the glyph paths without filling them.

"Michele" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:387b01c39919$ece02310$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to create a hollow font?
> When doc is printed children can then color in the
> words. Do you know how to create one (for the whole
> alphabet) or where I can download one for free?
> Thank you.

Suzanne S. Barnhill

      23rd Oct 2003
As others have suggested, WordArt is probably the best bet, but you can also
use the Outline font property for ordinary text. Make it big, make it bold,
and make it a fairly simple font (such as Arial). For example 48-pt Arial
Bold is large enough to color in.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Michele" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:387b01c39919$ece02310$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way to create a hollow font?
> When doc is printed children can then color in the
> words. Do you know how to create one (for the whole
> alphabet) or where I can download one for free?
> Thank you.

=?Utf-8?B?S3lsZQ==?=

      23rd Nov 2003
I suggest using WordArt. The first WordArt choice in the gallery is a hollow type.