Holding down Ctrl key

=?Utf-8?B?RGVicmE=?=

      23rd Jan 2006
I posted this in the IE Setup forum but seems this is the forum I should have
posted in.
Our payrol department uses Oracle. They export info from Oracle which brought
up Excel and exported the info. Recently Win XP SP2 was applied and now
Payrol cannot export from Oracle. Oracle is brought up through IE.
I have disabled the Popup blocker both under Tools - Popup Blocker Turn off
and under Internet Options - Privacy - Popup Blocker. I have even put in the
Oracle site into Allowed sites. All you hear when Oracle exports out and
Excel is supposed to open is a beep which I know indicates a popup has been
blocked. I just can't figure out where to disable the popup blocker. If I
remove SP2, export from Oracle is fine.

After searching around around I found the suggestion to hold down the Ctrl
key. I did that. Just as I hit Export, I held down the Ctrl key and Excel
came up and the data was exported. So my question is... what is my solution
since holding down the Ctrl key worked ? What does holding down the Ctrl key
do ?
Thanks,
Debra

Don Varnau

      24th Jan 2006
Hi,
[Guesses] Go to Folder Options> File Types> XLS> Advanced, Make sure that
Open is set to Excel (it probably is.) Uncheck "Browse in same window." That
may take IE out of the process.

Internet Options> Advanced> Security> check "Allow active content to run in
files on My Computer ." The Local Machine Lockdown may be the problem.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...rows.mspx#EIAA

I'm not sure why you don't get the Information Bar. Try setting the Pop-up
blocker to low and check "Show Information Bar."

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Debra" <Debra[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I posted this in the IE Setup forum but seems this is the forum I should

have
> posted in.
> Our payrol department uses Oracle. They export info from Oracle which

brought
> up Excel and exported the info. Recently Win XP SP2 was applied and now
> Payrol cannot export from Oracle. Oracle is brought up through IE.
> I have disabled the Popup blocker both under Tools - Popup Blocker Turn

off
> and under Internet Options - Privacy - Popup Blocker. I have even put in

the
> Oracle site into Allowed sites. All you hear when Oracle exports out and
> Excel is supposed to open is a beep which I know indicates a popup has

been
> blocked. I just can't figure out where to disable the popup blocker. If I
> remove SP2, export from Oracle is fine.
>
> After searching around around I found the suggestion to hold down the Ctrl
> key. I did that. Just as I hit Export, I held down the Ctrl key and Excel
> came up and the data was exported. So my question is... what is my

solution
> since holding down the Ctrl key worked ? What does holding down the Ctrl

key
> do ?
> Thanks,
> Debra

=?Utf-8?B?RGVicmE=?=

      24th Jan 2006
Don,
I tried all your suggestions but to no avail. I did get the popup and
allowed the site but still no success.
When I hold the Ctrl key down, I get a window asking if I would like to Open
or Save the file (typical prompt ). It says, File Download at the top of the
window. So obviously holding down the Ctrl key is allowing something to pass
through, but what ?
Thanks,
Debra

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> [Guesses] Go to Folder Options> File Types> XLS> Advanced, Make sure that
> Open is set to Excel (it probably is.) Uncheck "Browse in same window." That
> may take IE out of the process.
>
> Internet Options> Advanced> Security> check "Allow active content to run in
> files on My Computer ." The Local Machine Lockdown may be the problem.
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...rows.mspx#EIAA
>
> I'm not sure why you don't get the Information Bar. Try setting the Pop-up
> blocker to low and check "Show Information Bar."
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "Debra" <Debra[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I posted this in the IE Setup forum but seems this is the forum I should

> have
> > posted in.
> > Our payrol department uses Oracle. They export info from Oracle which

> brought
> > up Excel and exported the info. Recently Win XP SP2 was applied and now
> > Payrol cannot export from Oracle. Oracle is brought up through IE.
> > I have disabled the Popup blocker both under Tools - Popup Blocker Turn

> off
> > and under Internet Options - Privacy - Popup Blocker. I have even put in

> the
> > Oracle site into Allowed sites. All you hear when Oracle exports out and
> > Excel is supposed to open is a beep which I know indicates a popup has

> been
> > blocked. I just can't figure out where to disable the popup blocker. If I
> > remove SP2, export from Oracle is fine.
> >
> > After searching around around I found the suggestion to hold down the Ctrl
> > key. I did that. Just as I hit Export, I held down the Ctrl key and Excel
> > came up and the data was exported. So my question is... what is my

> solution
> > since holding down the Ctrl key worked ? What does holding down the Ctrl

> key
> > do ?
> > Thanks,
> > Debra

=?Utf-8?B?RGVicmE=?=

      24th Jan 2006
I just took a shot and added the intranet oracle site to trusted sites under
Internet options and once I did that, things are working fine. Who would of
thought ??!!??
Thanks for your help,
Debra