HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\C07ft5Y\WinXP

bumtracks

      19th Apr 2005
what do you suppose this empty key is ?
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\C07ft5Y\WinXP

thanks, mike

Richard Urban

      19th Apr 2005
The key itself is the path to the key. Open the registry and go there!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

"bumtracks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> what do you suppose this empty key is ?
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\C07ft5Y\WinXP
>
> thanks, mike

Bob I

      19th Apr 2005
SafeDisc RefCount = Copy Protection counter?

bumtracks wrote:
> what do you suppose this empty key is ?
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\C07ft5Y\WinXP
>
> thanks, mike

Michael T

      19th Apr 2005
http://www.privacyandspying.com/privacy-c_dilla.html

"bumtracks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> what do you suppose this empty key is ?
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\C07ft5Y\WinXP
>
> thanks, mike

      19th Apr 2005
"bumtracks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> what do you suppose this empty key is ?
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\C07ft5Y\WinXP
>
> thanks, mike

It gets created when you install something that implements copy
protection (I forget which scheme, maybe SafeDisc, but it is the same
one used to protect the old Thief games). When I uninstalled the games,
I also deleted this registry key.

** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
For e-mail Reply: remove "DELETE", add "~VN56~" to Subject.

bumtracks

      20th Apr 2005
After doing some searching the key was made at a windows fresh install from
secdrv.inf on the cd made with autostreamer & winXPhome & sp2.
[Secdrv.AddRefCount]
HKLM,"Software\C07ft5Y",,,"SafeDisc RefCount"
HKLM,"Software\C07ft5Y\WinXP"

[SecDrv.AddService]
Description = "SafeDisc driver"