High Demanding dx9 games choke in vista???

Alienware2

      13th Jun 2008
Ok THE ONLY reason why i still have vista rather than having Mandriva 2008
Spring have the whole hard drive is that i need to play certain games that
won't run on wine/cedega, but of course vista fails at being a gamer os as
well.

I am trying to run Sim City Societies, and the game fails to play past 5
minutes, because of a c++ runtime error, lock up, graphical freeze up and
etc.....

I found that ATI and Nvinda dx10 cards have the SAME issues.My geforce 8800
gt does a great job with Sim City Societies on xp, but in vista sp1, it
chokes.This is vista sp1, not the game, and i have a lot of proof, and many
high demanding 9x games vista struggles with, yes crysis runs great, but that
is dx10.I been contacting support from the game company for a while now, and
they been telling me basically that microsoft or nvinda need an update to fix
the high demanding 9x games on vista problem, because again, the game works
perfectly fine in xp.And this game worked fine in vista without sp1, once sp1
the game just went in the hellhole.I don't know what sp1, maybe it is
microsoft's evil plan to destroy applications?I don't know, but i DEMAND a
fix.If i don't, i will be donating money to the opensource community and
maybe wine can get SCS to run with my money.

Andy [YaYa]

      13th Jun 2008
=?Utf-8?B?QWxpZW53YXJlMg==?= <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Ok THE ONLY reason why i still have vista rather than having Mandriva
> 2008 Spring have the whole hard drive is that i need to play certain
> games that won't run on wine/cedega, but of course vista fails at
> being a gamer os as well.
>
> I am trying to run Sim City Societies, and the game fails to play past
> 5 minutes, because of a c++ runtime error, lock up, graphical freeze
> up and etc.....
>
> I found that ATI and Nvinda dx10 cards have the SAME issues.My geforce
> 8800 gt does a great job with Sim City Societies on xp, but in vista
> sp1, it chokes.This is vista sp1, not the game, and i have a lot of
> proof, and many high demanding 9x games vista struggles with, yes
> crysis runs great, but that is dx10.I been contacting support from the
> game company for a while now, and they been telling me basically that
> microsoft or nvinda need an update to fix the high demanding 9x games
> on vista problem, because again, the game works perfectly fine in
> xp.And this game worked fine in vista without sp1, once sp1 the game
> just went in the hellhole.I don't know what sp1, maybe it is
> microsoft's evil plan to destroy applications?I don't know, but i
> DEMAND a fix.If i don't, i will be donating money to the opensource
> community and maybe wine can get SCS to run with my money.

Oooo, you DEMAND, you go girl. I'm sure all caps will get their
attention.

Dude, it's the game. New OS, old pre-OS game equals fail. You should
talk to the game developers (forget who made the game, but it wasn't
Maxis). If you're a band and you're playing a gig and your Guitar breaks
a string, you replace the string, you don't demand the venue owners
rebuild the stage.

A C++ error is a coding error, with the game. I love Lin*x and all it's
wonderful itterations, but until they get game developers to take more
of a risk with the hundreds of Linux Distros that make up a fairly low
percentage of non-server systems out there (gaining though, thanks to
Apple), I think you're SOL. Coming from Gaming QC I'm glad I never had
to work on a Linux version of anything. The most difficult test I had to
run was BF2 64-bit linux server.

--
-A.

Alienware2

      13th Jun 2008
I did talk to thegame developers , they said it is a vista issue.Its not
ONLY this game, there are MANY others.This game came out after vista, so it
doesn't use older coding, and it worked great on vista without sp1, sp1 it
went down the drain, and so did many applications.

Well this isn't just 1 little crack in the stage, there are MANY cracks in
the stage.Are you going to drive on a road that has a ditch in it?I don't
think so.

Andy [YaYa]

      16th Jun 2008
wrote in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I did talk to thegame developers , they said it is a vista issue.Its
> not ONLY this game, there are MANY others.This game came out after
> vista, so it doesn't use older coding, and it worked great on vista
> without sp1, sp1 it went down the drain, and so did many applications.
>
> Well this isn't just 1 little crack in the stage, there are MANY
> cracks in the stage.Are you going to drive on a road that has a ditch
> in it?I don't think so.

If that was the case then there'd be a lot more complaining from me.
There's only 1 or 2 games that I've come across that Vista doesn't like and
I haven't been motivated enough to tweak Vista properly to get them going,
but I hear other people have little problems getting them going (Syndicate
and DK1/2). Never had an issue with SP1 RC1 or Release, sorry you're
running into so many issues.

I jump ditches. Dukes of Hazard, represent!

--
-A.

Alienware2

      27th Jun 2008

Well i contacted them again, they told me, now after them researching, that
the issue is not with vista, its nvinda drivers.

And they gave me this link
http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/27/n...crashes-in-20/

So i guess i rest my case here.