Greg

      24th Mar 2010
I have a registry optimizer program that I have been using for a year or
more. Defender shows a high threat level: 1. Should I be concerned? If not,
should I use the address as an exception?

Bill Sanderson

      24th Mar 2010
Is this alert a change with a recent update to definitions?

If so, you might want to either sit tight for a bit, or go to the security
portal at www.microsoft.com/security/portal and download the latest defs
there. See if they are newer than what you have--and re-test. If this is a
false-positive, Microsoft is usually quite responsive about fixing the
issue.

You could also check the details of the finding--I.e. what precise file is
involved, and submit that file to virustotal:

www.virustotal.com

and see what they say about it.

What is the name of the threat as detected by Windows Defender?

You may be able to look that up in the reference to threats available at the
security portal--and see whether the description makes any sense in relation
to the application you have.

"Greg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a registry optimizer program that I have been using for a year or
> more. Defender shows a high threat level: 1. Should I be concerned? If
> not,
> should I use the address as an exception?

Ǝиçεl

      24th Mar 2010
Of course

Of course
-=-

PS: If you think your Registяy needs to be "cleaned" or "repaired," read
<http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099> and draw your own conclusions.

<http://www.whatthetech.com/2007/11/25/do-i-need-a-registry-cleaner/>

<http://www.edbott.com/weblog/archives/000643.html>

"Greg" wrote:

> I have a registry optimizer program that I have been using for a year or
> more. Defender shows a high threat level: 1. Should I be concerned? If not,
> should I use the address as an exception?

Tom Emmelot

      24th Mar 2010
Op 24-3-2010 19:37, Ǝиçεl schreef:
> Of course
>
> Of course
> -=-
>
> PS: If you think your Registяy needs to be "cleaned" or "repaired," read
> <http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=28099> and draw your own conclusions.
>
> <http://www.whatthetech.com/2007/11/25/do-i-need-a-registry-cleaner/>
>
> <http://www.edbott.com/weblog/archives/000643.html>
>

> "Greg" wrote:
>
>> I have a registry optimizer program that I have been using for a year or
>> more. Defender shows a high threat level: 1. Should I be concerned? If not,
>> should I use the address as an exception?

Hi Engel,

I do a lot of testing of all kind of program's a lot of them are beta's
but also a lot off trail software. So i suffer a lot of those leftovers.
To get rid of those i use Registry First Aid, also when a installation
wont work because there is some leftover that stops the installation,i
use RFA. Since i use Ms7 64 bit i cant use it anymore, but i got a
invitation to start a Beta test for the 64 bit version.
RFA makes reg backups before scanning and has a lot ways to clean or
search the registry and point to you what is save to clean.
The versions i use before did always good work.
If you run a few program's, always the same and do always the same
things on your PC then you never need a reg-cleaner.
Thats mine opinion.
RFA is from Rose City.

Regards >*< TOM >*<