hiding freeze pane reference lines

Mamachugh

      26th Jun 2009

Is there any way to hide the vertical and horizontal lines that appear after
freezing panes? I'm using an Excel spreadsheet as a form and sharing with the
entire network and these just add chaos to the form.

T. Valko

      26th Jun 2009

Can't be done.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Mamachugh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there any way to hide the vertical and horizontal lines that appear
> after
> freezing panes? I'm using an Excel spreadsheet as a form and sharing with
> the
> entire network and these just add chaos to the form.

Max

      27th Jun 2009

well, if its under your control, you could always creatively camouflage it
using black fill/white font for the top/left portions segmented by the panes
--
Max
Singapore
"Mamachugh" wrote:
> Is there any way to hide the vertical and horizontal lines that appear after
> freezing panes? I'm using an Excel spreadsheet as a form and sharing with the
> entire network and these just add chaos to the form.

Shane Devenshire

      27th Jun 2009

Hi,

The freeze panes line is visible even if you place a solid line over it, it
appears to float on a layer above spreadsheet and the graphic layers.

If you use Excel 2007 you can have one row of titles lock at the top of a
table range without using the freeze pane command - that is because the
titles replace the column letters as you scroll out of view of them.

Personally I'd learn to live with the freeze pane lines, that are lots
bigger issues.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire