Hidden application dual display > single display problem

Troy

      20th Jun 2008
At work I have a dual monitor display and on the secondary display I left an
application running that I'd like to check the progress of over the weekend.

From home, I connect to my desktop at work via Remote Desktop, but since I
only see the desktop of my primary display I can't 'get to' the app I left
running. It's in my taskbar, and if I right click I have only the minimise
option (I don't think that it works however because after clicking it then
right clicking again I don't get the restore option).

Does anyone know how I might be able to get access to the app using remote
desktop?

Sooner Al [MVP]

      20th Jun 2008
I have no experience with dual monitors but you might look at the /span
switch. Go to "Start -> Run" and type the command...

mstsc /?

....in the command window or this page for details...

http://tinyurl.com/5v6ful

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows – Desktop User Experience)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Troy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> At work I have a dual monitor display and on the secondary display I left
> an
> application running that I'd like to check the progress of over the
> weekend.
>
> From home, I connect to my desktop at work via Remote Desktop, but since I
> only see the desktop of my primary display I can't 'get to' the app I left
> running. It's in my taskbar, and if I right click I have only the minimise
> option (I don't think that it works however because after clicking it then
> right clicking again I don't get the restore option).
>
> Does anyone know how I might be able to get access to the app using remote
> desktop?

blank

      21st Jun 2008
=?Utf-8?B?VHJveQ==?= <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> At work I have a dual monitor display and on the secondary display I
> left an application running that I'd like to check the progress of
> over the weekend.
>
> From home, I connect to my desktop at work via Remote Desktop, but
> since I only see the desktop of my primary display I can't 'get to'
> the app I left running. It's in my taskbar, and if I right click I
> have only the minimise option (I don't think that it works however
> because after clicking it then right clicking again I don't get the
> restore option).
>
> Does anyone know how I might be able to get access to the app using
> remote desktop?

Try clicking the progam in the taskbar so that it is the active window
(which you can't see), then press alt-space followed by pressing M - this
should put it into "move" mode - then (assuming your secondary display is
the one on the right) press the left arrow key until the window moves onto
the primary monitor.