Helpful vs Answered

GrahamS

      11th May 2009
Just a general comment about these groups and feedback.

I find it difficult to flag a post as helpful if it does not provide a
complete answer :-((. I would mark more posts as helpful if they gave me the
option ;-O. Mostly however they just have an 'Answered' button....

Thanks

Graham

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

      11th May 2009
Hmmm. Most of us read the group, I think, as an NNTP newsgroup where
Helpful, Answered, etc. have no meaning. Maybe that's the reason for the
problem...

Paul T.

"GrahamS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just a general comment about these groups and feedback.
>
> I find it difficult to flag a post as helpful if it does not provide a
> complete answer :-((. I would mark more posts as helpful if they gave me
> the
> option ;-O. Mostly however they just have an 'Answered' button....
>
> Thanks
>
> Graham

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

      11th May 2009
Hmmm. Most of us read the group, I think, as an NNTP newsgroup where
Helpful, Answered, etc. have no meaning. Maybe that's the reason for the
problem...

Paul T.

"GrahamS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just a general comment about these groups and feedback.
>
> I find it difficult to flag a post as helpful if it does not provide a
> complete answer :-((. I would mark more posts as helpful if they gave me
> the
> option ;-O. Mostly however they just have an 'Answered' button....
>
> Thanks
>
> Graham

GrahamS

      11th May 2009
Paul,

Its not a 'problem' as such - but as there are buttons (on the web
interface) for Answered or Helpful - I would like to be able to give credit
where credit is due ;-)).

Graham

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote:

> Hmmm. Most of us read the group, I think, as an NNTP newsgroup where
> Helpful, Answered, etc. have no meaning. Maybe that's the reason for the
> problem...
>
> Paul T.
>
> "GrahamS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Just a general comment about these groups and feedback.
> >
> > I find it difficult to flag a post as helpful if it does not provide a
> > complete answer :-((. I would mark more posts as helpful if they gave me
> > the
> > option ;-O. Mostly however they just have an 'Answered' button....
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Graham

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

      11th May 2009
I don't know how to get the information to anyone who would be able to do
anything about it. If there's a Feedback link on the Web interface, you
could use that, but I'm sure that no one on the group that does that
function reads this group...