Help- Unable to copy files to CD-R using WINXP copy feature

GJP

      1st Oct 2004
When using WinXP (SP1) trying to copy files over to a CD-R gives me a
error message, something about error while writing.
I first thought it had something to do with INCD becuase I just upgraded
INCD a couple of days ago and everything was working ok prior to doing so.
I've removed INCD and tried to copy files to a CD-r but still the error
message.
It's a Samsung CD-R/RW SW-252F...I know cheapy...but it was working and
still works if I'm burning an image file...just won't work with the WINXP
and copy.
I've checked the CVD drive properties recording tab, enabled is checked,
I've checked Contril Panel/Administrative tools/Services for the Imapi CD
Burning Com service, it was not started and set to manual, I've changed it
to Started and set to automatic, still gives an error message when I try to
burn a CD-R, also when I go back and check the "started" goes back to blank
after the error message.
Any help would be appreciated .

TIA.

GJP

Thorsten Matzner

      1st Oct 2004
GJP <GJP> wrote:

>When using WinXP (SP1) trying to copy files over to a CD-R gives me a
>error message, something about error while writing.

See "How to Troubleshoot Issues That Occur When You Write Data to a
CD-R or CD-RW Optical Disc in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324129).

--
(tm)

GJP

      1st Oct 2004
Thorsten Matzner <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:#z4uaZ9pEHA.1960
@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

> GJP <GJP> wrote:
>
>>When using WinXP (SP1) trying to copy files over to a CD-R gives me a
>>error message, something about error while writing.

> See "How to Troubleshoot Issues That Occur When You Write Data to a
> CD-R or CD-RW Optical Disc in Windows XP"
> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324129).

Thanks for the suggestion...BTW I find that page for MS Windows XP CD
problems about the worst piece of...well I won't go into what I really
think about it.
It has no info or at least I could not find any info about my problem
i.e. problems copying files to a cd-r..then only nthing close was they
talked about trying to copy a large amount of files and having to wait
till they were copied over into a "temp" area before copying to a CD-R
or an error message could occur.
When I tried to find the page in their library about hardware that was
ok with WinXP they take me to a page that shows printing software or
printers...geeez .
I'm still unable to copy files to a CD-R with WinXP.
Thanks for your suggestion...it was appreciated, but boy oh boy does MS
sure run you around the haystack looking for that needle.(G)

GJP