Help with sending emails

Kmussett

      14th Jul 2010
I can not send emails, I keep getting the error message below. I have aol and
am using the aol incomming and outgoing settings. Any help would be
appreciated.

The rejected e-mail address was '(E-Mail Removed)'. Subject 'test', Account:
'POP3', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 5.7.1
<(E-Mail Removed)>: Sender address rejected: not logged in', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Dave N9

      14th Jul 2010
Change the outgoing (SMTP) port number from 25 to 587, as per.......
http://about.aol.com/faq/openmailaccess#OE6
These instructions for OE will work for Windows Mail.

Also, make sure "My server requires authentication" is checked.

Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
http://download.live.com/wlmail