Help please can't work my itunes!!!

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9ubnkgQmVhdHNvbg==?=

      25th Apr 2007
I was listening to some music in my itunes then suddenly it siad not
responding so I shut it down, but now ever since I can't get back into my
itunes everytime I open it up it says not responding.

So I downloaded itunes again and was about to install it when it said can't
because
Visual Basic Script (VBScript) is not installed or has been disabled. Make
sure VBScript is installed, turn off script blocking in anti-virus and
personal firewall software, re-register VBScript

So now I am stuck and don't know what to do please HELP!!!!

Chad Harris

      26th Apr 2007
Hi Jonny--

That's not an uncommon error. Apple has a page on it here so you might try
the regedit described:

iTunes and QuickTime for Windows XP cannot be installed without Visual Basic
Script (VBScript

One tip though that could help, is that when you dock the IPod to the box,
switch the Ipod to Manual and Disk mode, and then switch the drive letter of
the Ipod or Nano to one away from C-I. This helps some people with Vista
or XP when they can't get the Ipod recognized at Computer or My Computer or
Disk Management.

The reason for this is Drives C-I are reserved to recognized devices, and
sometimes an external drive with its own power supply--an Ipod or even the
Nano which is a battery powered flash drive that will be seen as a USB
device .

I think if you're avoiding Vista to use an Ipod, there is no reason
whatsoever or avoiding an Ipod to use Vista whichever. They work great for
me together. Vista has it's problems, but ipod isn't one of them I
consider.

Additionally:

There was a recent update to enable better compatibility with iPod from
Microsoft, maybe it will make a difference with iTunes compatibility:
x86:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...splayLang%3den

x64:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/i...splayLang%3den

Install this update to resolve an issue where an Apple iPod may be corrupted
by using the Safely Remove Hardware feature on a system running Windows
Vista.

Good luck,

CH

news:(E-Mail Removed)...