help !!! pixel or vertex shaders

=?Utf-8?B?cmogcnVueWFu?=

      2nd Nov 2007
After I load the Sierra game "Joint Task Force" I receive the following error
msg "your graphics card does not support pixel shaders or vertex shaders" I
just bought a Toshiba Satellite P205-S6287 with Windows Vista installed. Any
help would be appreciated. Thanks.
--
RJ Runyan
FOB Marez

Paul Smith

      2nd Nov 2007
"rj runyan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> After I load the Sierra game "Joint Task Force" I receive the following
> error
> msg "your graphics card does not support pixel shaders or vertex shaders"
> just bought a Toshiba Satellite P205-S6287 with Windows Vista installed.
> Any
> help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If this machine has an integrated Intel GMA 950 graphics chip, like the one
I looked up online then it doesn't have any vertex, pixel shaders nor
transform and lighting in hardware and this will severely limit what games
will run on it.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

Andy [YaYa]

      5th Nov 2007
"Paul Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> "rj runyan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> After I load the Sierra game "Joint Task Force" I receive the following
>> error
>> msg "your graphics card does not support pixel shaders or vertex shaders"
>> just bought a Toshiba Satellite P205-S6287 with Windows Vista installed.
>> Any
>> help would be appreciated. Thanks.

> If this machine has an integrated Intel GMA 950 graphics chip, like the
> one I looked up online then it doesn't have any vertex, pixel shaders nor
> transform and lighting in hardware and this will severely limit what games
> will run on it.

Lots of 3d games will disable shading if your video card doesn't have it,
but some require it. Check the box on the back. In the tiny print, look for
minimum requirements or specifications.

If it says requires vertex or pixel shading video card, yeah, you might be
outta luck.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t...Model&x=13&y=8

Link to your computer support page at toshiba.com... under Detailed Specs it
says... Intel 945GM Graphics Chip. After poking around Intel's site a bit.
Yeah, no pixel or vertex support for that chipset.