HELP ME MICROSOFT! Your Office 11 BETA corrupted MAPIR.dll and MAPI32.DLL files

Greig Kennedy

      7th Nov 2003
I installed the Office 11 BETA on my system and it has
expired. I removed it sucessfully and re-installed my
Office XP package. Now, when starting Outlook I receive
the following errors:

This application has failed to start because MAPIR.dll
was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this
problem.

(It doesn't)

When you click ok on that error. you receive this second
error:

Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or
the wrong version. This could have been caused by
installing other messaging software. Please reinstall
Outlook.

(This doesn't fix it)

I tried to do a system restore to previous system state
and 3 of 3 attempts failed with a non-descriptive error:

Cannot restore system. Try a previous restore point.

HELP MICROSOFT - YOUR SOFTWARE SCREWED MY SYSTEM AND I
MUST HAVE ACCESS TO MY EMAIL!!

Roady

      10th Nov 2003
First; Office 11 BETA doesn't expire till November 30.

Second; check the fileversion in of MAPIR.DLL in C:\Program Files\Common
Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID>

Third; Note that you installed BETA software. Microsoft recommends against
using BETA products on production machines and warns for possible loss of
data and/or system rebuilds. Your "crying for" and "blaming" Microsoft is
not fair in this situation.
--
Roady
www.sparnaaij.net

Question of the month: How to manage general contact info.
www.sparnaaij.net

-----
news:0cd301c3a556$6240f2e0$(E-Mail Removed)...