PC Review

Help with Importing from Excel into Access

5th Jul 2012
Hey all, first post on this site!I have read quite a few posts on this matter but I cannot find an answer for my case, or one that I can change to fit me, for that matter.

I have an excel sheet that has numbers as well as "#N/A" cells in it. When I import these cells into Access, the cells that have "#N/A" are not importing. I know that this is a Type Conversion Failure and why it is doing it.

I cannot change the input excel file. I am looking for an alternative way to either A. get these in from the input, or B. look into the ImportErrors file that is created and add these values into the other sheet from this. This is how I am inputting it.

Code:
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, , "source", source_plus_name, True
I know that I could change to TransferText, but this is is causing: "Run-Time error '31519': You cannot import this file."

Would it be easier to create a temporary file and do TransferText (even though most are numbers), or find a way to do one of the two things I posted above?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: