Help Deleted Desktop Files in Frontpage

efrance

      27th May 2010
Because even when I setup a new folder prior it is still opening up with
everything else in there.

"efrance" wrote:

> Could you tell me how you fixed it please?
>

> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
> > that happens when you create a website on your desktop but forget to create
> > a folder for it there, sooooo when you next open your website your entire
> > desktop becomes part of the website...not a nice thing...I know I did it
> > once. Took quite a while to fix it.
> >

> > --
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > Rob Giordano
> > Microsoft MVP Expression Web
> >

> > "efrance" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Yes, that is exactly what is happening. Instead of a new website saved on
> > > the desktop it created one incorporating all that was on the desktop.
> > > I've
> > > tried since setting up a new website and saving in another separate folder
> > > location on my server and am getting the same problem. It is
> > > incorporating
> > > everything from the previos files. For example...if I'm trying to save it
> > > C:/my documents/websites/new site - all of the documents that are in the
> > > my
> > > documents and websites folders are also showing up within my website
> > > folder
> > > list. Any idea how I can change this? I have no idea why it's now doing
> > > this as I havent' had this problem before.
> > >
> > > I have asked my IT consultant to look into the deleted desktop files to
> > > see
> > > if he can restore any of them. Thanks!

Ronx

      27th May 2010
When it happenned to me:
open Windows Explorer
Browse to the Desktop - In Windows 7 this is at
C:\users\<username>\desktop,
in Windows XP it's at
c:\documents and Settings\<username>\desktop
Search for hidden and system files and folders named _vti* in the desktop folder
Delete them

Whwn you create a new website, do NOT create on the desktop - I create a folder on E:\ named websites\websitename
In the New Site dialogue change the location to E:\websites\websitename

If you do not have a E:, the use C:\websites as the starting point. This keeps everything safe, uhnless you accidently create the website in C:\ (the root folder on C: )
Create the folder first in Windows Explorer, and use the Browse button in the New Site dialogue to find it.

--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/wf-menu.aspx
This nesgroup is closing - see
http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp/ne...p-closure.aspx

It happens that efrance formulated :