Help-Convert Hyperlink to URL

Edwin Steinberg

      27th Nov 2003
The formula bar, and cell, shows "Link to their Home Page". This is a
hyperlink like www.homepage.org.

How do I change this so that both the formula bar and cell show
www.homepage.org.
TIA
Ed

David McRitchie

      27th Nov 2003
Hi Edwin,
Select the cell (click and delay release) then Ctrl+K
or Right Click on cell, Edit Hyperlink

Change the Text to display to the same as the URL.

If you would like to see both, such as if you pasted your favorites
into Excel, You could use something like
B1: =HyperlinkAddress(A1) or
B1: =personal.xls!HyperlinkAddress(A1)
which is a User Defined Macro, HyperlinkAddress, more information at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#url
---
HTH,

"Edwin Steinberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The formula bar, and cell, shows "Link to their Home Page". This is a
> hyperlink like www.homepage.org.
>
> How do I change this so that both the formula bar and cell show
> www.homepage.org.
> TIA
> Ed

Edwin Steinberg

      28th Nov 2003
David:
Wow! Great reference, Thanks.
Ed

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 16:14:56 -0500, "David McRitchie"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi Edwin,
>Select the cell (click and delay release) then Ctrl+K
>or Right Click on cell, Edit Hyperlink
>
>Change the Text to display to the same as the URL.
>
>If you would like to see both, such as if you pasted your favorites
>into Excel, You could use something like
> B1: =HyperlinkAddress(A1) or
> B1: =personal.xls!HyperlinkAddress(A1)
>which is a User Defined Macro, HyperlinkAddress, more information at
> http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm#url
>---
>HTH,
>David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001]
>My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
>Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm
>
>"Edwin Steinberg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> The formula bar, and cell, shows "Link to their Home Page". This is a
>> hyperlink like www.homepage.org.
>>
>> How do I change this so that both the formula bar and cell show
>> www.homepage.org.
>> TIA
>> Ed

David McRitchie