PC Review


Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread

Help - what are 'ComPlus Applications' ?

 
 
Curious
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      27th Feb 2006
Both of our PCs have a directory under 'Program Files' named
'ComPlus Applications'. But there are no executable programs
in that directory. Question - what is this directory for? Is it a path
created by some virus? Should we delete this sub-directory?
Any help will be highly appreciated.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Malke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      27th Feb 2006
Curious wrote:

> Both of our PCs have a directory under 'Program Files' named
> 'ComPlus Applications'. But there are no executable programs
> in that directory. Question - what is this directory for? Is it a
> path
> created by some virus? Should we delete this sub-directory?
> Any help will be highly appreciated.


This is a folder for ComPlus Applications that is installed by Windows.
If there are no ComPlus Applications installed, the folder will be
empty. Just leave it alone, it isn't hurting anything.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Curious
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      27th Feb 2006
Thank you for the info. Internet has become so easy to spread
unwanted material, that we are scared if we find something unusual.
As we read the following article at NYTimes, we looked at our
PC and wondered about some materials.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/27/te...pagewanted=all
Thank you again.


"Malke" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Curious wrote:
>
>> Both of our PCs have a directory under 'Program Files' named
>> 'ComPlus Applications'. But there are no executable programs
>> in that directory. Question - what is this directory for? Is it a
>> path
>> created by some virus? Should we delete this sub-directory?
>> Any help will be highly appreciated.

>
> This is a folder for ComPlus Applications that is installed by Windows.
> If there are no ComPlus Applications installed, the folder will be
> empty. Just leave it alone, it isn't hurting anything.
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User



 
Reply With Quote
 
Malke
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      27th Feb 2006
Curious wrote:

> Thank you for the info. Internet has become so easy to spread
> unwanted material, that we are scared if we find something unusual.
> As we read the following article at NYTimes, we looked at our
> PC and wondered about some materials.


That's fine, glad to help. The next time you have a question about
something like that, the quickest and easiest way to get an answer is
to search on Google. For ex., for your question I would use the search
term, "what is ComPlus Applications folder" and the resulting links
would be enough to tell me this was a Microsoft folder.

Cheers,

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
help help help help help help win98 to xp professional =?Utf-8?B?JiZMRUUmJg==?= Windows XP Help 2 23rd Oct 2005 04:00 PM
HELP NEEDED FAST!!! HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP FAST HELP NEEDED Jonathan Windows XP General 10 13th Jan 2005 03:22 AM
HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP =?Utf-8?B?U2FuYXRhcml1bV83?= Windows XP General 2 25th Sep 2004 04:00 PM
HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP =?Utf-8?B?U2FuYXRhcml1bV83?= Windows XP General 1 25th Sep 2004 07:54 AM
Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! Help! -$- Windows XP Internet Explorer 2 21st Dec 2003 11:45 PM


Features
 

Advertising
 

Newsgroups
 


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:10 PM.