!!!! HELP Badly Needed !!!!

=?Utf-8?B?Z3R3YWxlcw==?=

      18th May 2007
To anyone with helpfull advice, i have just forked out £249 clams for Windows
Vista Ultimate 64-bit version and now i cant get my Linksys Wireless-G
broadband router and my Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter to work even after i
install the cd's that came with them, so my Query is, A:= Are my above items
totally useless with Vista 64bit (Dae Ja Vue all over again after the great
an wonderful Xp) or B:= could i be doing something wrong if so can anyone
educate me on the best ways of getting my REALLY EXPENSIVE table coaster of
a dvd, even though i have read an been told by Umm EXPERTS yes thats the
word, that all of my devices and the like that where working with the Xp
version would be Compatible with my £249 Quid so called state of the art and
most Vaunted New Operating system....

P.S i'm sorry if this request seems a tad bit on the Negative side but thats
because i am RIGHT CHEESED OFF with the situation especially after the
debarkle of XP and the so called PLUG N PLAY Phenominum that i and many many
others found to be a total FARCE...
yours down-heartedly........George.

Richard G. Harper

      18th May 2007
Did you download 64-bit Vista drivers from the Linksys website? You can
install 32-bit drivers until the cows come home but if you're running 64-bit
Windows you must have and use 64-bit drivers.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] (E-Mail Removed)

"gtwales" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> To anyone with helpfull advice, i have just forked out 249 clams for
> Windows
> Vista Ultimate 64-bit version and now i cant get my Linksys Wireless-G
> broadband router and my Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter to work even after
> install the cd's that came with them, so my Query is, A:= Are my above
> items
> totally useless with Vista 64bit (Dae Ja Vue all over again after the
> great
> an wonderful Xp) or B:= could i be doing something wrong if so can anyone
> educate me on the best ways of getting my REALLY EXPENSIVE table coaster
> of
> a dvd, even though i have read an been told by Umm EXPERTS yes thats the
> word, that all of my devices and the like that where working with the Xp
> version would be Compatible with my 249 Quid so called state of the art
> and
> most Vaunted New Operating system....
>
> P.S i'm sorry if this request seems a tad bit on the Negative side but
> thats
> because i am RIGHT CHEESED OFF with the situation especially after the
> debarkle of XP and the so called PLUG N PLAY Phenominum that i and many
> many
> others found to be a total FARCE...
> yours down-heartedly........George.

Mike Hall MVP

      18th May 2007
George

Which 'expert' told you to go with 64bit Vista? So you have a 64bit
motherboard, and thought that it would be beneficial to performance, and you
may have been right, but for the fact that driver support is not what it
could be, and you probably don't have a motherboard able to hold more that
4gb RAM, and no 64bit applications..

Before upgrading any OS, it is a good idea to find out about driver
availability.. generally speaking, if a manufacturer website makes no
reference to to Vista, then there is a very good chance that Vista will NOT
be supported. Especially important are drivers relating to communication
devices.

The CD supplied with your USB wireless adapter would have been manufactured
some while before Vista was released. In fact, there would have been no
change to the installation CD since the device first appeared for sale.

Go to to the Linksys website and look for Vista 64bit drivers.. if you can't
find any, then you will have to find another wireless device that does have
64bit Vista support, or revert to 32bit Vista, which is the OS you should
have installed..

64bit computing may be the future for consumer desktops and small business
workstations, but not yet..

"gtwales" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> To anyone with helpfull advice, i have just forked out £249 clams for
> Windows
> Vista Ultimate 64-bit version and now i cant get my Linksys Wireless-G
> broadband router and my Compact Wireless-G USB Adapter to work even after
> install the cd's that came with them, so my Query is, A:= Are my above
> items
> totally useless with Vista 64bit (Dae Ja Vue all over again after the
> great
> an wonderful Xp) or B:= could i be doing something wrong if so can anyone
> educate me on the best ways of getting my REALLY EXPENSIVE table coaster
> of
> a dvd, even though i have read an been told by Umm EXPERTS yes thats the
> word, that all of my devices and the like that where working with the Xp
> version would be Compatible with my £249 Quid so called state of the art
> and
> most Vaunted New Operating system....
>
> P.S i'm sorry if this request seems a tad bit on the Negative side but
> thats
> because i am RIGHT CHEESED OFF with the situation especially after the
> debarkle of XP and the so called PLUG N PLAY Phenominum that i and many
> many
> others found to be a total FARCE...
> yours down-heartedly........George.

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Smitty

      4th Jul 2007

"gtwales" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> To anyone with helpfull advice, i have just forked out £249 clams for
> Windows

Go to linksys website & look for 64 bit software / cd.

BTW how many dollars are equal to 249 British clams sterling