Hebrew in the command promt

Dan

      25th Feb 2004
Hi,

How can I make command prompt (on English OS) show Hebrew characters in the
dir command when file names are in Hebrew? I've tried "mode con cp
/select=862" and setting Hebrew as the language for non-Unicode
applications, but that only makes the characters show as English with
accents instead of question marks.

Thanks.

CS

      26th Feb 2004
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:08:23 -0800, "Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>How can I make command prompt (on English OS) show Hebrew characters in the
>dir command when file names are in Hebrew? I've tried "mode con cp
>/select=862" and setting Hebrew as the language for non-Unicode
>applications, but that only makes the characters show as English with
>accents instead of question marks.
>
>Thanks.

You can't. Hebrew characters can be used after installation of the
Hebrew IME and the selection of the right to left script option,
however, they are limited to those applications designed to be able to
use alternate languages. You can not display them at a command
prompt.

You'll have to install a copy of Hebrew XP in order to display the
characters correctly in a command prompt and menus/dialogs. You can
always use Hebrew XP in a dual boot configuration with English XP.

Dan

      26th Feb 2004
I thought that Windows XP is "Hebrew enabled". Hebrew version of office
works fine and many other Windows applications show hebrew just fine. Why
can't CSRSS show them?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...