I have PowerPoint 95 files that no longer open on PowerPoint 2007.

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9iIFBsYXV0eg==?=

      8th Jun 2007
How do I now open these files to update to new format?

Echo S

      9th Jun 2007
"Bob Plautz" <Bob (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I now open these files to update to new format?

Open them in PowerPoint 97, 2000, 2002 or 2003 and save them in that format.
Then open them in 2007.

You might also be able to open them in Impress, which is Open Office's
presentation program, and save them as PPT 97-2003 format, then open that in
2007. http://www.openoffice.org

I have a feeling they won't port perfectly, but hopefully you can get most
of your work back.

Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/powerpointannoy/

Robert Simpson

      15th Aug 2007
"Bob Plautz" <Bob (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> How do I now open these files to update to new format?

You need these two DLL's that do not come with Office 2007 (probably just
the one, but better safe than sorry I say):

PP4X322.DLL
PP7X32.DLL

You'll find them in the Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11 folder of an
Office 2003 installation. Since I didn't want to install Office 2003, I
instead dug them out of this cab file:

Q2561405.CAB

Not sure if it'll be in a different CAB file depending on what version of
Offfice 2003 you have.

Anyway, place the two DLL's in your Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
folder and you'll be able to open the older format files directly from
Powerpoint 2007 without an Office 2003 install.

Robert

Robert Simpson

      15th Aug 2007
And of course since I just found this out myself not a few minutes ago, I
should also point out that my luck has been sporadic with it ... missing
graphics, etc. Fun stuff. I was desperate, though.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...