I have lost my drive for cd

C & K

      24th Aug 2008
I have on my start, my computer, floppy drive (A), hard drive (C) but have
lost the drive to play my cd's ,,I can play music cd's but cannot download
any type of game or hardware?? with a cd.

I have powerdvd xp I have tried to contact cyberlink about this
problem to no avail...just can't seem to figure out why I lost that drive..
it used to say like D for the cd drive.

Thanks and more info I get for you to help me out

I have went to the device manager and tried to uninstall and scan for
hardware change it comes back with a
ERROR CODE 39

Karen

JF

      24th Aug 2008
*Bonjour C & K * !
<news:(E-Mail Removed)>

> I have lost the drive to play my cd's
> I can play music cd's but cannot download
> any type of game or hardware?? with a cd.

CD Rom or DVD Not Listed in Explorer/My Computer
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts/xp_cd_dvd_fix.vbs

--
Regards, Jean-François

C & K

      25th Aug 2008
Still no cd-rom or anything...it just like someone has taken the cd-rom out
of my computer

In device manager is has a yellow question mark and in the device status it
says it maybe corrupted or missing and the words error code 39

Any more suggestions, i have tried system restore to no help.

Thanks
Karen