I HAVE DEFENDER FOR VISTA AND IT DONT WORK

djohnsontexas

      15th Aug 2009
I stopped paying Norton their fee for once a year and little or no protection
and all the time notices that my software was unprotected or a site I had
used for years had problems. I kept that up until Norton told me my own
site had problems which was not correct.

So, I started up Defender and ran a quick scan. Nothing. I ran Defender on
a full scan, one spot.

I ran Cyber Defender and it found 90 spots on my laptop of all types.

WHAT IS THE DEAL? IS THE BASIC DEFENDER NOT WORTH SQUAT AND THE ONLY ONE
THAT WILL DO ANYTHING IS THE SAME AS NORTON 50 BUCKS A YEAR??????

WHAT A GYP

I GOING TO BUY SOMETHING IS SPYZOOKA THAT HAS SO MUCH PRAISE.
--
DJ

Bill Sanderson

      15th Aug 2009
Windows Defender is antispyware, not antivirus, and you need both, and
perhaps more--certainly you also need the Malicious Software Removal too.

Windows Defender does NOT substitute for Norton's antivirus capabilities.

Download a reputable free antivirus--perhaps Alwil? and use that until
Microsoft releases Microsoft Security Essentials, which will be their free
antivirus application. Then decide whether to choose the antivirus you
chose, or Microsoft's, based on objective comparitive tests. Hint:
Microsoft has scored at the top of those tests recently--higher than any of
the free products.

--

"djohnsontexas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I stopped paying Norton their fee for once a year and little or no
> protection
> and all the time notices that my software was unprotected or a site I had
> used for years had problems. I kept that up until Norton told me my own
> site had problems which was not correct.
>
> So, I started up Defender and ran a quick scan. Nothing. I ran Defender
> on
> a full scan, one spot.
>
> I ran Cyber Defender and it found 90 spots on my laptop of all types.
>
> WHAT IS THE DEAL? IS THE BASIC DEFENDER NOT WORTH SQUAT AND THE ONLY ONE
> THAT WILL DO ANYTHING IS THE SAME AS NORTON 50 BUCKS A YEAR??????
>
> WHAT A GYP
>
> I GOING TO BUY SOMETHING IS SPYZOOKA THAT HAS SO MUCH PRAISE.
> --
> DJ

Tom Emmelot

      16th Aug 2009
Hi Bill,

This is a test, i send 2 messages to the group and nothing appears!

So hope this won come true.

Regards >*< TOM >*<

Bill Sanderson schreef:
> Windows Defender is antispyware, not antivirus, and you need both, and
> perhaps more--certainly you also need the Malicious Software Removal too.
>
> Windows Defender does NOT substitute for Norton's antivirus capabilities.
>
> Download a reputable free antivirus--perhaps Alwil? and use that until
> Microsoft releases Microsoft Security Essentials, which will be their
> free antivirus application. Then decide whether to choose the antivirus
> you chose, or Microsoft's, based on objective comparitive tests. Hint:
> Microsoft has scored at the top of those tests recently--higher than any
> of the free products.

Tom Emmelot

      16th Aug 2009
Hi djohnsontexas,

First writing with big text is the same as shouting in newsgroups, we are
all volunteers here and don't like that.
Then about your problem, for your sake i download Cyber Defender on my PC
and run a scan, mine PC working normal and is protected by Trend Micro
Security pro 2010. Ok after install and scan found 370 things on my PC and
this was ferry frightening!!!
Ok at the end ther where 5 treats that he wants to remove they ware market
as DANGEROUS, so i checked every item and they where all part of programs
that just belong on my Pc !!!!!
So bullshit program, flush it true the toilet!!
If you want things free try MSE Beta.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivir...sentials.shtml
Or AVG free anti virus.
http://free.avg.com/

Regards >*< TOM >*<

"djohnsontexas" wrote:

> I stopped paying Norton their fee for once a year and little or no protection
> and all the time notices that my software was unprotected or a site I had
> used for years had problems. I kept that up until Norton told me my own
> site had problems which was not correct.
>
> So, I started up Defender and ran a quick scan. Nothing. I ran Defender on
> a full scan, one spot.
>
> I ran Cyber Defender and it found 90 spots on my laptop of all types.
>
> WHAT IS THE DEAL? IS THE BASIC DEFENDER NOT WORTH SQUAT AND THE ONLY ONE
> THAT WILL DO ANYTHING IS THE SAME AS NORTON 50 BUCKS A YEAR??????
>
> WHAT A GYP
>
> I GOING TO BUY SOMETHING IS SPYZOOKA THAT HAS SO MUCH PRAISE.
> --
> DJ

Tom Emmelot

      16th Aug 2009
Hi Bill,

Strange, i did 2 times a reply to "I HAVE DEFENDER FOR VISTA AND IT DONT
WORK"

It did not appear, so i send the test message to you and that came true.

So log in and try to reply again, now on the page, it did not appear.
So now i send that mail as a reply on your answer to see that come true.

So test again.

Regards >*< TOM >*<

Bill Sanderson schreef:
> Windows Defender is antispyware, not antivirus, and you need both, and
> perhaps more--certainly you also need the Malicious Software Removal too.
>
> Windows Defender does NOT substitute for Norton's antivirus capabilities.
>
> Download a reputable free antivirus--perhaps Alwil? and use that until
> Microsoft releases Microsoft Security Essentials, which will be their
> free antivirus application. Then decide whether to choose the antivirus
> you chose, or Microsoft's, based on objective comparitive tests. Hint:
> Microsoft has scored at the top of those tests recently--higher than any
> of the free products.

Tom Emmelot

      16th Aug 2009
Hi Bill,

Send you a mail in your msn account.

Strange things!

Regards >*< TOM >*<

Bill Sanderson schreef:
> Windows Defender is antispyware, not antivirus, and you need both, and
> perhaps more--certainly you also need the Malicious Software Removal too.
>
> Windows Defender does NOT substitute for Norton's antivirus capabilities.
>
> Download a reputable free antivirus--perhaps Alwil? and use that until
> Microsoft releases Microsoft Security Essentials, which will be their
> free antivirus application. Then decide whether to choose the antivirus
> you chose, or Microsoft's, based on objective comparitive tests. Hint:
> Microsoft has scored at the top of those tests recently--higher than any
> of the free products.

Bill Sanderson

      16th Aug 2009
I can see this one, and several more.

--

"Tom Emmelot" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:#f#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Bill,
>
> This is a test, i send 2 messages to the group and nothing appears!
>
> So hope this won come true.
>
> Regards >*< TOM >*<
>
> Bill Sanderson schreef:
>> Windows Defender is antispyware, not antivirus, and you need both, and
>> perhaps more--certainly you also need the Malicious Software Removal too.
>>
>> Windows Defender does NOT substitute for Norton's antivirus capabilities.
>>
>> Download a reputable free antivirus--perhaps Alwil? and use that until
>> Microsoft releases Microsoft Security Essentials, which will be their
>> free antivirus application. Then decide whether to choose the antivirus
>> you chose, or Microsoft's, based on objective comparitive tests. Hint:
>> Microsoft has scored at the top of those tests recently--higher than any
>> of the free products.

Ǝиçεl

      17th Aug 2009
Ahoy Tom,

Tom Emmelot 8/16/2009 1:53 PM PST

Tom Emmelot 8/16/2009 2:25 PM PST

Tom Emmelot 8/16/2009 2:53 PM PST

At this time and date, i can read your post, stop play con the EEEcomputers
;-D

Over & Out

Ǝиçεl
◕‿◕
-=-

"Tom Emmelot" wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> Send you a mail in your msn account.
>
> Strange things!
>
> Regards >*< TOM >*<
>

> Bill Sanderson schreef:
> > Windows Defender is antispyware, not antivirus, and you need both, and
> > perhaps more--certainly you also need the Malicious Software Removal too.
> >
> > Windows Defender does NOT substitute for Norton's antivirus capabilities.
> >
> > Download a reputable free antivirus--perhaps Alwil? and use that until
> > Microsoft releases Microsoft Security Essentials, which will be their
> > free antivirus application. Then decide whether to choose the antivirus
> > you chose, or Microsoft's, based on objective comparitive tests. Hint:
> > Microsoft has scored at the top of those tests recently--higher than any
> > of the free products.

Tom Emmelot

      18th Aug 2009
This is a test!

djohnsontexas schreef:
> I stopped paying Norton their fee for once a year and little or no protection
> and all the time notices that my software was unprotected or a site I had
> used for years had problems. I kept that up until Norton told me my own
> site had problems which was not correct.
>
> So, I started up Defender and ran a quick scan. Nothing. I ran Defender on
> a full scan, one spot.
>
> I ran Cyber Defender and it found 90 spots on my laptop of all types.
>
> WHAT IS THE DEAL? IS THE BASIC DEFENDER NOT WORTH SQUAT AND THE ONLY ONE
> THAT WILL DO ANYTHING IS THE SAME AS NORTON 50 BUCKS A YEAR??????
>
> WHAT A GYP
>
> I GOING TO BUY SOMETHING IS SPYZOOKA THAT HAS SO MUCH PRAISE.

Tom Emmelot

      18th Aug 2009
Test 2