harvard reference style in Word 2007?

Skippi222

      3rd Jun 2009
Hi everyone - first ever post. I read through before I posted, so if I
missed the answer, my apologies.

Is there any reason why MS doesn't provide Harvard as an option in the
Referencing Style menu? Is it a copyright issue?

I have been able to use APA until this year - new college & different rules.
Does anyone know if MS has a template / option to download the Harvard
Referencing Style as an add-on?

Thanks everyone

Yves Dhondt

      3rd Jun 2009
Well the primary reason probably is because there is no Harvard style.

The term Harvard style is used to describe a certain group of author-date
styles which all look alike but differ in small points.

I wrote a couple of implementations of the Harvard style (Exeter, Leeds,
Anglia Rushkin, AGPS) which you could give a try. Take a look at
http://bibword.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Styles to see if any fit
your needs.

Yves
--
http://bibword.codeplex.com

"Skippi222" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi everyone - first ever post. I read through before I posted, so if I
> missed the answer, my apologies.
>
> Is there any reason why MS doesn't provide Harvard as an option in the
> Referencing Style menu? Is it a copyright issue?
>
> I have been able to use APA until this year - new college & different
> rules.
> Does anyone know if MS has a template / option to download the Harvard
> Referencing Style as an add-on?
>
> Thanks everyone

grammatim

      3rd Jun 2009
There's no such thing as a specific "Harvard style." It's a British-
only cover term for any sort of author-date reference system, and
every British publisher and institution has its own special variety.