Hard drive error

Clayton

      1st May 2005
Hi,
I ran a hard drive diagnostic on a Fujitsu MHT2060AT hard drive and got the
following error message

FAIL

There was an error in saving the log file to the HDD.

Error Code : A198T4

Please contact Fujitsu Customer Support for repair.

This drive is only 3 days old

Thanks

Star Fleet Admiral Q

      1st May 2005
If it's 3 days old, then do as it says - contact Customer Support.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I ran a hard drive diagnostic on a Fujitsu MHT2060AT hard drive and got
> the following error message
>

> FAIL
>
> There was an error in saving the log file to the HDD.
>
> Error Code : A198T4
>
> Please contact Fujitsu Customer Support for repair.
>
> This drive is only 3 days old
>

> Thanks

Keith

      1st May 2005

"Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I ran a hard drive diagnostic on a Fujitsu MHT2060AT hard drive and got
> the following error message
>

> FAIL
>
> There was an error in saving the log file to the HDD.
>
> Error Code : A198T4
>
> Please contact Fujitsu Customer Support for repair.
>
> This drive is only 3 days old
>

> Thanks

Was it working Ok before yer ran the diagnostic?

Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

      1st May 2005
Clayton

It happens.. so what did Customer Support suggest?

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I ran a hard drive diagnostic on a Fujitsu MHT2060AT hard drive and got
> the following error message
>

> FAIL
>
> There was an error in saving the log file to the HDD.
>
> Error Code : A198T4
>
> Please contact Fujitsu Customer Support for repair.
>
> This drive is only 3 days old
>

> Thanks

Clayton

      2nd May 2005
They have no idea, but I tried the dive in a desktop system and the
diagnostic software seems to work ok but not in my Latitude D610 notebook.

"Mike Hall (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Clayton
>
> It happens.. so what did Customer Support suggest?
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Clayton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>> I ran a hard drive diagnostic on a Fujitsu MHT2060AT hard drive and got
>> the following error message
>>

>> FAIL
>>
>> There was an error in saving the log file to the HDD.
>>
>> Error Code : A198T4
>>
>> Please contact Fujitsu Customer Support for repair.
>>
>> This drive is only 3 days old
>>

>> Thanks

Sean O'Keefe

      4th May 2005