I get an entry in the Application Log -
Date: 04/11/2008 Source: Application Hang
Time: 13.09.58 Category: (101)
Type: Error Event ID: 1002
User: N/A
Computer: TC3

Hanging application EXCEL.EXE, version 11.0.5612.0, hang module hungapp,
version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

--------------------------

The funny thing is that after it has eventually closed after the initial
hang, it runs perfectly OK until next time the PC is rebooted and then the
first Excel is run, it hangs. This doesn't appear to effect any other
applications.

I have tried an Office Repair with no luck, I even completely uninstalled
Office from this PC then installed office fresh and the first time I ran
Excel - it hung.

Is this possibly something to do with XP itself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

ShaneDevenshire

      7th Nov 2008
Hi,

We don't have enough info, but you might look at this
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125588/en-us

Otherwise my first thought would be to reinstall, Office and choose Repair.
If that doesn't work I would uninstall and then reinstall.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"tfslmt" wrote:

> Hi
> I have WinXP Pro PC Installed with Office 2003 Basic and just recently Excel
> started hanging as soon it started. I get a ' Not Responding' in Task
> manager, when I try and End Process it takes about 10 Mins for it to actually
> End.
>
> I get an entry in the Application Log -
> Date: 04/11/2008 Source: Application Hang
> Time: 13.09.58 Category: (101)
> Type: Error Event ID: 1002
> User: N/A
> Computer: TC3

> Hanging application EXCEL.EXE, version 11.0.5612.0, hang module hungapp,
> version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

> --------------------------
>
> The funny thing is that after it has eventually closed after the initial
> hang, it runs perfectly OK until next time the PC is rebooted and then the
> first Excel is run, it hangs. This doesn't appear to effect any other
> applications.
>
> I have tried an Office Repair with no luck, I even completely uninstalled
> Office from this PC then installed office fresh and the first time I ran
> Excel - it hung.
>
> Is this possibly something to do with XP itself?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

tfslmt

      10th Nov 2008
Hi

Yhanks for your reponse. I did indeed find
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/125588/en-us - but it wasn't applicable. I
also
tried an office repair and a complete uninstall and reinstall of office, but
had exactly
the same issues before and after applying all office service packs. As I
already mentioned.

I therefore resorted to a complete reinstallation of the PC with a clean
install of XP and Office and it is now working ok. What exactly the problem
was I don't know

Thanks for your help anyway.