Halo 2 Asking for disk everytime I finish the Quarantine Zone

Wolf Lahti

      4th May 2010
"RiverDog" wrote:

> Do this. It worked for me.
>
> "Because the insert disc message appears at the transition between two
> levels, you can start the new level and abandon your previous checkpoint.
>
> To do this:
> 1) Restart Halo 2
> 2) Select Campaign
> 3) DO NOT select continue, select to choose the level
> 4) Find the latest level and start it, skipping over the transition between
> the level before it and that which seems to cause the problem"

This does not work for me. When I select the Gravemind level, I just get the
"insert disc" message (even though it's already inserted) and get booted back
out to the main menu. I can run scenarios earlier than Gravemind, but of
course that doesn't do me any good.

I have also gotten the message, "The procedure entry point
CreateProcessWithTokenW could not be located in the dynamic link library
ADVAPI32.dll." There are two instances of ADVAPI32 in my system - one in
WINDOWS\system32 and one in WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\...