group policy translation

genghiz

      18th Feb 2009
Hello friends:

I have recently took a new job, the existing Windows 2003 Active Directory
is not pretty, there are many Group Policies that I am trying to understand.
Is there a utility that will tell me what exactly each one of these group
policies accomplish?

Thanks.

Florian Frommherz [MVP]

      18th Feb 2009
Howdie!

genghiz wrote:
> I have recently took a new job, the existing Windows 2003 Active Directory
> is not pretty, there are many Group Policies that I am trying to understand.
> Is there a utility that will tell me what exactly each one of these group
> policies accomplish?

You mean a tool that gives you the explain text messages of each setting
of the policy? There's no such tool. What you can do is use the GPMC and
its settings tab - it displays all settings of a GP. Many of the setting
names of the GPs are very explanatory.

cheers,
Florian
--
Microsoft MVP - Group Policy
eMail: prename [at] frickelsoft [dot] net.

genghiz

      19th Feb 2009
Thanks Florian!!!!

"Florian Frommherz [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...