Group Policy "Hide specified Control Panel applets" not working for "Network Connections"

Arie Slob

      23rd Aug 2005
Hi,

Does anybody know why you can't specify "Ncpa.cpl" and have the "Network
Connections" control panel applet hidden by using the policy editor?

--
Regards,

Arie Slob.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

      23rd Aug 2005
Please visit the experts in the Group Policy newsgroup

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Arie Slob"wrote:

| Hi,
|
| Does anybody know why you can't specify "Ncpa.cpl" and have the "Network
| Connections" control panel applet hidden by using the policy editor?
|
| --
| Regards,
|
| Arie Slob.

Arie Slob

      23rd Aug 2005
Thanks Carey,

I had checked newsgroups containing .windowsxp. so didn't notice there was a
specific group for GP.

--
Regards,

Arie Slob.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uKaPLr%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please visit the experts in the Group Policy newsgroup
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Arie Slob"wrote:
>
> | Hi,
> |
> | Does anybody know why you can't specify "Ncpa.cpl" and have the "Network
> | Connections" control panel applet hidden by using the policy editor?
> |
> | --
> | Regards,
> |
> | Arie Slob.

Ramesh, MS-MVP

      24th Aug 2005
Hi Arie,

The Network connections folder is actually a Shell folder (though the CPL
applet is there to launch it quickly), and one way to hide the Network
Connections applet is to add the GUID {7007ACC7-3202-11D1-AAD2-00805FC1270E}
to NonEnum.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...ntry/85853.asp

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Arie Slob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:O1PzAo%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Does anybody know why you can't specify "Ncpa.cpl" and have the "Network
> Connections" control panel applet hidden by using the policy editor?
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Arie Slob.

Arie Slob

      24th Aug 2005
Thanks Ramesh, that works.

--
Regards,

Arie Slob.

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Arie,
>
> The Network connections folder is actually a Shell folder (though the CPL
> applet is there to launch it quickly), and one way to hide the Network
> Connections applet is to add the GUID
> {7007ACC7-3202-11D1-AAD2-00805FC1270E} to NonEnum.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...ntry/85853.asp
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Arie Slob" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:O1PzAo%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>>
>> Does anybody know why you can't specify "Ncpa.cpl" and have the "Network
>> Connections" control panel applet hidden by using the policy editor?
>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Arie Slob.

Ramesh, MS-MVP