What are Green double-strikethrough and double-underline?

DeeDeeCee

      4th Jul 2009

I compared two documents, both of which I am the sole author. I'd obviously
combined a great deal of the information in the past. In addition to the red
underline for additions and the red strikethrough for deletions, there was a
lot of green text, sometimes with a double underline and sometimes with a
double strike-through. Can somebody explain what that means? Thanks.

ddc

Peter T. Daniels

      4th Jul 2009
That's the new invention called Track Moves. You can turn it off in
the Track Changes Options window, and you probably should, because
it's quite dysfunctional. (1) It only tracks moves of complete
sentences; (2) It won't track the moving of a sentence that contains
any tracked changes; and (3) If Track Moves is turned on, you can't
Reject a Move. The only way to undo a tracked move is to turn off
Track Changes, cut the passage from its new spot, and paste it in
place of the double-crossed-out passage in the original spot.

On Jul 3, 10:52*pm, DeeDeeCee <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> I compared two documents, both of which I am the sole author. I'd obviously
> combined a great deal of the information in the past. In addition to the red
> underline for additions and the red strikethrough for deletions, there was a
> lot of green text, sometimes with a double underline and sometimes with a
> double strike-through. Can somebody explain what that means? Thanks.
>
> ddc

DeeDeeCee

      4th Jul 2009
Thanks! That clears it up.