Greater or Less Than Statements

Dave B

      18th Feb 2004
Hi,

I am currently trying to create a query that allows me to add 40 if the
amount is over 900.

I can get it to display the amount by adding >900 but i cant figure out how
to add the 40 onto the result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as i have spent ages messing about
it.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

=?Utf-8?B?SG93YXJkIEJyb2R5?=

      18th Feb 2004
Try using an UpdateQuery (but make sure to back up your table/db first, just in case).

Criteria: >900
UpdateTo: [FieldName] + 40

----- Dave B wrote: -----

Hi,

I am currently trying to create a query that allows me to add 40 if the
amount is over 900.

I can get it to display the amount by adding >900 but i cant figure out how
to add the 40 onto the result.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as i have spent ages messing about
it.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Eechhutti R.Rajasekaran

      22nd Feb 2004
In your query (design view) add a new column calcamt: IIF([amount]>900,
[amount]+40, [amount])

news:5ZJYb.4151$(E-Mail Removed)...