Graphs inserted into Word documents not visible

=?Utf-8?B?SlM=?=

      18th Mar 2006
HI,
I was hoping someone could recognise a funky problem I am having with my
computer.
When I open Word documents with graphs inserted into them, all I can see in
place of the graph is an empty box. These are files that I created on the
same computer about 2 years ago and which worked fine until a few months ago.
The graphs are Windows Metafiles pasted from Excel.
All copies of the documents are the same, including different versions & CD
backups.
If I print the file, the pictures are still there, although they do not
appear on the screen.
Have I got a virus or something?
Nortons AV is up to date & picks up nothing...
Please help me someone!!!!!
--
JS

Rickles

      18th Mar 2006
In Office 2000 Pro (and assumed to be similar in newer), go to
Tools|Options. At the View tab, look in the 'Show' section for the
setting 'Picture Placeholders'. If that's checked, you will only see
boxes where the images should be. That may be preventing you from
seeing other non-text items in the file as well.

Good luck.

On 18/03/2006 11:47 Rick or Sharon wrote::
> HI,
> I was hoping someone could recognise a funky problem I am having with my
> computer.
> When I open Word documents with graphs inserted into them, all I can see in
> place of the graph is an empty box. These are files that I created on the
> same computer about 2 years ago and which worked fine until a few months ago.
> The graphs are Windows Metafiles pasted from Excel.
> All copies of the documents are the same, including different versions & CD
> backups.
> If I print the file, the pictures are still there, although they do not
> appear on the screen.
> Have I got a virus or something?
> Nortons AV is up to date & picks up nothing...
> Please help me someone!!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?SlM=?=

      18th Mar 2006
Thanks Rickles: you've saved the day.